cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Trying to port from my Virgin prepaid.

Ronks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just got my sim activated and I have tried to port to Public mobile but it's not going. It sends me to the Public Community. What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Ronks wrote:

Hi,

I just got my sim activated and I have tried to port to Public mobile but it's not going. It sends me to the Public Community. What can I do?

Is self serve giving error?  Did you get a text message saying problem with port?  Exact message needed so we know if you can try again or if it failed.

@ShawnC13 Noted! Smiley Indifferent

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ronks wrote:

Hi,

@Ronks  So you activated your sim with a temporary Public Mobile number or did you try to port your number from your old provider during activation? 

@RossN wrote:

@Ronks  hi it is best if you send a private message to a moderator have your account number phone number you wish to port and name on your plan click  here

@RossN, we try to get as much info from the member before suggesting contacting the moderators.  We aren't sure if this port has even been started so we may be able to assist and guide this member through the process without them having to wait a couple of days for Moderators to reply and help them.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Ronks wrote:

Hi,

Ok, where did you get your sim activated?   Did you do it at home, and if you did you would have had the opportunity to port your number at that time or you can log back into your self serve and select change number and port from there.  If you activated in a retail location you will need to set up your self serve first and then go in and select change number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Ronks  hi it is best if you send a private message to a moderator have your account number phone number you wish to port and name on your plan click  here

Need Help? Let's chat.