cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm COMING BACK to Public Mobile!!!

burkely
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well, my wife wanted to go on a Family Share plan with Fido a couple months back. Big mistake on my part, unfortunately. I miss the deals, the service, and of course the community. So, I'm buying the G6 out from Fido and coming back here. 

Couple questions;

1) Am I going to have any issues bringing this number back to PM?

2) I logged in to see what's what on the "My Account" page today. Name and details are still there, will I be able to register with the same email address?

3) Final, and probably the most important question of all. Will I be able to link my Community account to "My Account" account and start of where I left off??

One last thing, I missed all your advice and chats, and looking forward to being back!!

Cheers!!

48 REPLIES 48

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@burkely wrote:

@Taekgun

Couldn't agree more... Always had a great experience both with the service and the folks here in the Community. Always someone willing to lend a helping hand. 

Unfortunately, my wife took it upon herself to "surprise" me with a new phone and port my services out of PM. I was pretty pissed to say the least. Especially after being a customer 3 or so years. 

@burkely 

**bleep** wife! 🤣

Hi @Nidali,

Great to see you coming back! What made you change your mind?

Nidali
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Inde to be with public mobile then I switch to Koodo now I want to come back with public mobile

@burkelyWhat phone lured her away? 

cricketfan

My koodo self serve account is still login-able even thought it has been an year that I ported to pm. 

For koodo, you could reuse your account with the same email. I suppose it must be true for pm as well as they come under the same umbrella of carrier. 

burkely

@Taekgun

Couldn't agree more... Always had a great experience both with the service and the folks here in the Community. Always someone willing to lend a helping hand. 

Unfortunately, my wife took it upon herself to "surprise" me with a new phone and port my services out of PM. I was pretty pissed to say the least. Especially after being a customer 3 or so years. 

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For sure, getting gouched every month with the "big guys" drove me nuts.  The community of people here ain't too bad either Smiley Wink

burkely

@Taekgun

Thanks pal. It'll feel great to be back and begin saving some money again! lol

Taekgun

Welcome back @burkely.

burkely

@youbme

Ya, I really can't see there being a huge difference in speed. Perhaps, they may throttle it down a bit. I'm going to give the larger 3G plan a shot!

burkely

@Someone_here

The loyalty rewards and etc are a major concern of mine. Which is why I'd like to clear this up. I was with PM for the better part of 3 years. Should have never left to begin with. lol

Thanks Again!

crazycolby

Welcome back!

@burkely

If you end up creating a new account instead of using the older one (I would highly recommend the latter if possible, since you would benefit from your accumulated loyalty reward, and possibly referral reward), and if you use Hotmail or Gmail, use the "email alias" to be 100% sure your new account won't interfere with the older one 😉

@MoreYummy wrote:

This thread gets busy so fast.!

No new post for 4 hours now. I like the dedication around here Smiley Happy

This thread gets busy so fast.!

denkom

@burkely Agreed! I’m done overpaying with the big 3! 

youbme

Welcome back @burkely!

I just switched from an LTE plan to 3G. Honestly, I can hardly tell the difference. Web pages with heavy graphics are slightly slower, but email, Facebook and Google maps are exactly the same to me. Right now, the 3g plans offer the best value in my opinion.

burkely

@ShawnC13

That's what I figure. May give it a try for 30 days and see. Can't see a huge difference in speed really. 

@burkely, you wont notice anything.  Uploads you might notice a longer time

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

burkely

@mimmo

I do plan on looking into it, always like opinions from current users though. 

I believe I had 2gb LTE, Provincial talk/text. 

I mostly only do email, Facebook, and light browsing for the most part. Can't see it having a huge lag compared to LTE. 

@burkely, everything I have read is that the 3G (which is actually throttled LTE) performs very well and would be enough for hte majority of users.  The Oracles have some great posts about it and their experiences

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

the 3g are much slower, 2.5 but still the LTE.  the oracles have posted several comparisons. 

what was your old plan,  you should see if you can still use that one if it was a good plan

burkely

@NDesai

I know, right? Found it very odd. I have sent the mod team a quick message to either delete the account all together, or offer me some sort of reassurance I will not have an issue creating a new account with this same email address (which I'm sure will be an issue.)

@burkelywrote:

I'm considering going with the large 3G Data plan instead of the LTE plan. 

What's everyone's opinion on the 3G V's LTE plans when it comes to reliability and speed?

Thanks

About 3G, have a look here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/3G-vs-4G-LTE-What-speed-is-right-for-y...

You can always keep an eye on promotions. 

burkely

I'm considering going with the large 3G Data plan instead of the LTE plan. 

What's everyone's opinion on the 3G V's LTE plans when it comes to reliability and speed?

Can't imagine the extra money for the LTE plans are really worth it unless you're a gamer or something like that. 

Thanks

@burkely I am surprised to see it not deactivated even after you ported out. You might want to contact the mod via private message to double check if you can use that account instead of activating new one. 

burkely

@mimmo

Perhaps. That would make sense! 🙂

burkely

@NDesai

As far as I know once a SIM, any SIM with any company is deactivated a new one is required. Perhaps I'm wrong. I may browse around and see if I can dig it out and give that a shot.

As per the #, it was originally a Koodo number, ported into PM then yes, ported out of PM to Fido. 

I just recall all the issues I had porting the number to PM when I first joined well over 2 years ago. I'm sure the system used to Port numbers over has been updated/upgraded since then.

But what makes me nervous, is that the account is still active through Self-Serve. Seemed odd to me as well!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@burkely wrote:

@photosbydan

Just FYI, old SIM cards cannot be reactivated after being used..

Just thought I should elaborate. 🙂

I think that was suggested becasue you mentioned that you still had access to your old account, so it could mean that the old sim could still be  functional.

Need Help? Let's chat.