cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm COMING BACK to Public Mobile!!!

burkely
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well, my wife wanted to go on a Family Share plan with Fido a couple months back. Big mistake on my part, unfortunately. I miss the deals, the service, and of course the community. So, I'm buying the G6 out from Fido and coming back here. 

Couple questions;

1) Am I going to have any issues bringing this number back to PM?

2) I logged in to see what's what on the "My Account" page today. Name and details are still there, will I be able to register with the same email address?

3) Final, and probably the most important question of all. Will I be able to link my Community account to "My Account" account and start of where I left off??

One last thing, I missed all your advice and chats, and looking forward to being back!!

Cheers!!

48 REPLIES 48

@burkely wrote:

@photosbydan

Just FYI, old SIM cards cannot be reactivated after being used..

Just thought I should elaborate. 🙂

Correct. But if you can find your old sim which is linked to your existing suspended account, you can renew that account and just insert that old sim into your phone 🙂

You still did not confirm if you ported out your number form that PM account to Fido or not. If yes, i am surprised to see how that account is still accessible. 

burkely

@denkom

Anything for these big companies to make buck man... Can't stand using them, any of the big ones! Obviously, we're part of the big 3 but just don't have to deal with all the BS. lol

burkely

@photosbydan

Just FYI, old SIM cards cannot be reactivated after being used..

Just thought I should elaborate. 🙂

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I remember Rogers wanted me to pay $50 to unlock the phone....I was like hahahha think again!! eBay to the rescue 🙂 But now I just buy unlocked phones.

burkely

Yes sir, eBay it is for every unlock code. Unless it's something I just can't find there. Then I'll usually use a local guy. 

burkely

@ShawnC13

Really didn't have a bad experience. They're service as alright, never had a dropped call but I refuse to pay $100 a month for 3 gbs data. They're robbing folks blind!

denkom

Did you buy the unlock code on ebay? That's where I used to find mine back when I was with Rogers.

denkom

Nice! It's always best to have an unlocked phone 🙂

burkely

@srlawren

Appreciate it! I've always found Rogers/Fido phones to be super cheap to purchase unlock codes for, for whatever reason...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@burkely, welcome back.  Sorry to hear of a bad experience with Fido but glad  to hear you are making your way back to PM!!! Look forward to seeing you active on the boards here!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

burkely

Thanks,

I've already picked up the SIM card from Wal-Mart. Which I have to say, was super convenient. 

And the wife is as stubborn as a mule, she'd rather pay $100 a month for the same service we get here for $45. lol

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@burkely wow, nice price!  Sorry, just making sure to cover off all the bases.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

burkely

Thank you. Phone is unlocked. It's usually the first thing I do when I buy a new phone. And for $1.88 for an unlock code, it only makes sense!

Thanks!

denkom

Welcome back! 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@burkely don't forget to have Fido unlock your G6 before you port your number, while your Fido account is still active.  I'm not sure how you're going to talk them into that.  If they won't do it, you could always use a 3rd party unlocking service.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

photosbydan

Welcome back!

Do you still have the SIM from Public Mobile? If not, get one ordered right away, or get to Wal Mart or WOW! store to pick one up.

And while you're at it, see if you can bring your wife over as well!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome back, you should never have left.  Since your account is still there I take it you probably left less than 90 days ago.  Maybe you could still activate to your old plan using the old SIM card.  Confirm with the moderator team.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@burkely Welcome Back!

1) Am I going to have any issues bringing this number back to PM?

- No, you shouldn't have any issue porting in your number from fido. 

2) I logged in to see what's what on the "My Account" page today. Name and details are still there, will I be able to register with the same email address?

- Seems like your account is still suspended and not deactivated. If you ported out your number from PM to Fido, your account should've already disabled. But since it's not, you just use that account and port in your number. 

3) Final, and probably the most important question of all. Will I be able to link my Community account to "My Account" account and start of where I left off??

- Community account is linked via email, so just use the same email you have on the self-serve account on your community profile.

Need Help? Let's chat.