cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost my receipt so didn't get the pin number needed to verify my voucher

Sharmane1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I can't get through to an actual person for help. I'm going to have to switch to another company all together. I was unaware that they didn't have a contact center. 

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

Not sure what you want the mods to do?

If i lose a gift card, can't expect the company to do anything for me.

I'm with mimmo_L here. You go to a bank machine. You step away with the amount you asked for. You lose one of the bills. Do you go to the bank and say "hey I want the bill replaced that I lost ...I have the receipt from the machine!"? No. It's gone.

Neptune3d
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

@Neptune3d wrote:

@Sharmane1 wrote:

If I can't get through to an actual person for help. I'm going to have to switch to another company all together. I was unaware that they didn't have a contact center. 

There are actual people here, the fourms are full of people that can give some advice, and if you want to contact public mobile, they have a small staff that you can contact.  The response times vary because there are a limited number of people answering messages in the order they come in, but that cost saving is passed on to you.  I suggest contacting a mod and see what they say, though, to be honest, if you lost your voucher, I would be surprised if there is much they can do.  I would suggest contacting the vendor you bought the voucher from to see if they can do a reprint based off your time of purchase and method of payment.

If you do need help from the mods still, I suggest using this link, include your account number and account pin.  If you can't find your account pin then they will try to verify your info with some alternative methods.

Good luck

click here to private message a Moderator *

Let's try out this scenario.  Let say I am a moderator and you contact me telling me you lost a voucher.  Not that I don't trust you, what evidence are you going to give me to prove you purchased the voucher and did not already use it in a different account?  If I ask for this type of evidence, what is your next move?  This request amounts to asking for charity, not even goodwill.  There are situations where you gotta suck it up, chalk it up to experience, move on. 

Agreed on many points, but maybe not as much about the charity part, because I don’t think that was the intent, but sometimes people fee better being given options from official channels, which can mean dealing with a virtual carrier for the first time is a bit...uncomfortable.  

I still think being being able to prove the purchase from the original vendor and seeing if a reprint is possible is the best option, which was my main suggestion, and will probably hold the best chance for success. 

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You purchased a voucher from a store? Why not go back to the store you got it from?

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Sharmane1 As Will said, that is not a reason to change carriers and I honestly doubt that any other carrier would be willing to credit you either. Frankly if they did everyone would be contacting them about lost and stolen vouchers and gift cards. 

But with that said there is no harm in asking but realistically the savings you will get from being with PM will easily repay that lost voucher in a very short time. 

We understand that you are pissed and just want to come out even, but if you stay with PM you will without a doubt come out on top in no time and after seeing what you save being here you will soon forget about the voucher.

@Neptune3d wrote:

@Sharmane1 wrote:

There are actual people here, the fourms are full of people that can give some advice, and if you want to contact public mobile, they have a small staff that you can contact.  The response times vary because there are a limited number of people answering messages in the order they come in, but that cost saving is passed on to you.  I suggest contacting a mod and see what they say, though, to be honest, if you lost your voucher, I would be surprised if there is much they can do.  I would suggest contacting the vendor you bought the voucher from to see if they can do a reprint based off your time of purchase and method of payment.

If you do need help from the mods still, I suggest using this link, include your account number and account pin.  If you can't find your account pin then they will try to verify your info with some alternative methods.

Good luck

Let's try out this scenario.  Let say I am a moderator and you contact me telling me you lost a voucher.  Not that I don't trust you, what evidence are you going to give me to prove you purchased the voucher and did not already use it in a different account?  If I ask for this type of evidence, what is your next move?  This request amounts to asking for charity, not even goodwill.  There are situations where you gotta suck it up, chalk it up to experience, move on. 

Neptune3d

@Sharmane1 wrote:

Good luck

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Sharmane1, I am not sure why losing a voucher means having to switch companies.  You have money invested in this service already.  Apart from your mishap, if there is nothing wrong with the service why not continue?  With any other service that involve using a voucher, the lost of the voucher would yield the same outcome.  If you do wish to terminate the service, just let the account suspend on non payment and it will deactive 90 days later.  There is nothing else to do, except to leave.  BTW, if you wish to take your number with you, you will need to keep the current account active so the number can be ported. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Not sure what you want the mods to do?

If i lose a gift card, can't expect the company to do anything for me.

Jmckimmie007

Going to have to contact a MOD, no phone number... only messages. I have been waiting since yesterday for a response and still nothing. Good luck 

Need Help? Let's chat.