Did you mean: 

I just port from Koodo but not active with public mobile

Enasandrew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just port from Koodo but not active with public mobile 

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Enasandrew coming from Koodo, we know it's neither a compatibility issue nor a locked phone issue, so your'e good there.  What happens if you put your Koodo SIM back in your phone--do you still have service with it?  If so, then your port is indeed stuck or failed.

However, I think it's more likely that you have an activation error rather than a porting error.  If the Koodo SIM doesn't work anymore, this would be the case.  For this, try one or both of the workarounds described here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f... .  They sound like strange thigns to do, but they are known to force the system to re-activate in many cases.  It's worth a try.

If that doesn't work, you will need to reach out to the moderator team via private message for help with your activation & port.  You can learn how to do so here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

One last thought:  were you on a pre-paid Koodo account, or post-paid?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Enasandrew

Self serve shows status active 

Enasandrew

Koodo plan was still active 

Was the Koodo plan still active?  A phone number will not port if cancelled prior to attempting the port.

@Enasandrew wrote:

Yes. From Self serve it show the number was successful active with Public mobile. After turning the phone on and off and I also remove the SIM card and put it back. If I call the number is saying the number is not in service 

Having the number say it is not in service after/during a port is strange.  If there is an issue usually you can make calls from your PM sim but receiving calls would still go to the Koodo sim.  Have you tried to put your Koodo sim back in and see if that is still working?

As well I unmarked the post as the solution as it didn't solve your problem

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Enasandrew wrote:

Yes. From Self serve it show the number was successful active with Public mobile. After turning the phone on and off and I also remove the SIM card and put it back. If I call the number is saying the number is not in service 

It is possible that the number port is stuck in which case you will need moderator team assistance to resubmit the number port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

BTW, you should not mark this thread as solved given that your problem is not fixed yet. 

Enasandrew

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Enasandrew, just to be clear, you just activated an account with Public Mobile and included a number port from Koodo?  If so, does the self serve account show active status?  Did you reboot the phone.  Normally Koodo number ports are instantaneous.  Note that if you were with Koodo prepaid, you need moderator team support to complete the number port. 

Need Help? Let's chat.