cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just bought a simcard but PM wont open my account. I can sign in in the Community though

danreyan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have created an account and bought a simcard. The simcard arrived but now I cant sign in to my account. Public mobile does not recognise it. I am able to sign in into the community though. Now how can I confidently join this network when its already giving me headache at the start. Now  I have doubts, I will be safe here...

17 REPLIES 17

@danreyan wrote:

Porting has now been successful. Thank you all for your help

@danreyan thanks for letting us know.  Welcome to Public Mobile!

danreyan

Porting has now been successful. Thank you all for your help

@danreyan wrote:

Fido is still working, so this means porting to PM has not yet been successful.

Thank you for all response. Much appreciated

The porting process should only take 2 to 3 hours. I would contact the moderators to make sure.

danreyan

Fido is still working, so this means porting to PM has not yet been successful.

Thank you for all response. Much appreciated

@danreyan wrote:

yes, I ported my fido number to PM when I activated the simcard online during the activation process. Its been about 8 hours now but my fido is still working normally. MY PM sim can only make outgoing calls and use data. It cannot receive calls nor send and receive texts

Follow @Dunkman instructions above to contact a moderator.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

danreyan

yes, I ported my fido number to PM when I activated the simcard online during the activation process. Its been about 8 hours now but my fido is still working normally. MY PM sim can only make outgoing calls and use data. It cannot receive calls nor send and receive texts

@danreyan wrote:

it is unlocked. I can make an outgoing call in just after 5 minutes of activation. I can also use data, but I cannot receive a call nor send or recieve texts. I put back my old simcard from Fido and it is still working. I need help with porting

@danreyan 

If it has been more than a few hours when you ported, then your port is stuck.  You will need to contact moderator to complete port.

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: port request. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@danreyan wrote:

yes, the simcard and account was activated and I was charged for the first month.

@danreyan 

Which model phone?  Some phones may be incompatible. Did you port your phone line over or you activated new PM phone number?

Maybe try rebooting your phone and network reset.

@danreyan wrote:

it is unlocked. I can make an outgoing call in just after 5 minutes of activation. I can also use data, but I cannot receive a call nor send or recieve texts. I put back my old simcard from Fido and it is still working. I need help with porting

Did you just port your number? Process takes 2 to 3 hours to complete. Once completed your Fido account will be automatically closed.

danreyan

@danreyan wrote:

yes, the simcard and account was activated and I was charged for the first month.

Is your phone unlocked?

danreyan

danreyan

yes I was able to go through the activation process by clicking the "Activate" once I'm signed into the community.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@danreyan If you need help they will take you through the activation process.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 5.54.13 PM.png

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@danreyan 

You do need to make an account to order a PM Sim card, but did you activate your self service account? (different accounts)

https://activate.publicmobile.ca

Did you get confirmation email or text from Public mobile when activating?  Were you charged for the first month?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danreyan wrote:

I have created an account and bought a simcard. The simcard arrived but now I cant sign in to my account. Public mobile does not recognise it. I am able to sign in into the community though. Now how can I confidently join this network when its already giving me headache at the start. Now  I have doubts, I will be safe here...

The community account is separate from the service self-serve account.

You need to go through the activation process right up top - Activate.

Don't forget to use a referral code to get a $10 credit in your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.