cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just activated but my SIM card is not working, how can I create my self-serve account?

mrwwong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I have just activated my service with Pubic Mobile, porting in my phone number from Koodo.  However, my SIM card is not working (apparently I got a defective one).  Now I want to activate my self serve account, but they require a validation code sent to my phone through SMS.  Without a working SIM card, how can I receive that code?  And without that code, how can I register my self-serve account?  Even if I buy a new SIM card, I need to go on self-serve to swap to the new SIM, right?  Can anyone get me out of this loop?

Buying a new SIM and activate a totally new line is out of the question because I am porting in my Koodo numbers.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Wallace

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mrwwong

1.  Is you phone showing Public Mobile?

2.  Did you port your number to PM during in-store activation?

3.  Is your Koodo SIM still working?

If yes, continue to use your Koodo SIM until your PM SIM issue is resolved.

4.  Are you porting a Koodo prepaid number to PM?

If yes, you need moderator to port a Koodo prepaid number.

5. Have you try your new PM SIM card on another phone of family members or friends?

@mrwwong wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

It's not that the retailer doesn't want to exchange the SIM, it's just how I can swap my SIM card.

Normally, Log into My Account, go into Plans and Add-ons, Change SIM Card,. trpe in the new sim card's number, and then click on Submit.

But since you don't seem to have a self-serve account, I don't think you're going to be able to do anything without a moderator's help.  They would be able to switch your service to a different/new sim card (if you have one), but at the same time, then might be able to get the original working for you.  I'm not so sure about the "defective" part. More likely, it just wasn't activated or linked to your account properly (may not even be the fault of the person at the store).

@mrwwong wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

It's not that the retailer doesn't want to exchange the SIM, it's just how I can swap my SIM card.

There should be a way for the retailer to get back into your activation account and have the sim changed I would think

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I agree with @ShawnC13 best to try sim in a different phone and then go back to the retailer and see.  Retailers do have access to a pm tech support line that others don't. That being said you might need to contact the mods especially if you initiated a port on activation.  

mrwwong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your reply.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mrwwong wrote:

Hi all,

I have just activated my service with Pubic Mobile, porting in my phone number from Koodo.  However, my SIM card is not working (apparently I got a defective one).  Now I want to activate my self serve account, but they require a validation code sent to my phone through SMS.  Without a working SIM card, how can I receive that code?  And without that code, how can I register my self-serve account?  Even if I buy a new SIM card, I need to go on self-serve to swap to the new SIM, right?  Can anyone get me out of this loop?

Buying a new SIM and activate a totally new line is out of the question because I am porting in my Koodo numbers.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Wallace

So you must have set up your sim originally at a retailer?  I have never had to enter any code to setup my self serve when activating at home.  If you did use a retailer and your sim is faulty why not go back to the retailer for a new one.  Have you tried the sim in another phone?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.