cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have just activated my account but I cannot make any call and says my account has been suspended

trottierwong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have just activated my sim card but I cannot make any call and says my account can not make my "long distance call without add on." But dialed a local number. Logging into my online account says i have a $52.00 balance?

Please help

Cindy

34 REPLIES 34

trottierwong

@flutewalker wrote:

I had same issue but i still cant call or recieve calls. it tells me i dont have a talk plan...even though im on the 50 dollar 8gb unlim talk can us. I even made two payments to try and fix but now they have charged me twice and balance only shows 50. any ideas?

ye ive tripple checked and my plan does have talk. I can use my txting and data...

I'm on the same plan. I have TXT and data active but not talk. Do moderators actually respond to their users? I sent them message. An I waiting for a reply at all or just keep testing my phi p to see if functions improve?

@flutewalkerThis is the lowest tier of Telus empire. Moderators will take a while to get back to you (up to 48 hours).. you do get what you pay for in terms of customer service. For more immediate service.. it is better to upgrade to a mid tier provider like Koodo, Fido or Virigin.

What phone do you have? Your text and data work so that's in away a good start I guess.

@flutewalker wrote:

No That has changed to proper date. I have wrote 4 tickets to mod now as I am experiencing many issues with this site. Payments dont go through properly yet I get charged and phone plan doesnt work properly. Telus you sieze to amaze me....

flutewalker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No That has changed to proper date. I have wrote 4 tickets to mod now as I am experiencing many issues with this site. Payments dont go through properly yet I get charged and phone plan doesnt work properly. Telus you sieze to amaze me....

@flutewalker wrote:

I had same issue but i still cant call or recieve calls. it tells me i dont have a talk plan...even though im on the 50 dollar 8gb unlim talk can us. I even made two payments to try and fix but now they have charged me twice and balance only shows 50. any ideas?

ye ive tripple checked and my plan does have talk. I can use my txting and data...

Can you log into self serve and see if it says Payment due date of 1969???

If it does you will have to contact moderators to fix issue

flutewalker

Simon.JPG

Also try resetting network settings...if that don't work..power down phone pull out sim and reinsert it....

@Young1 wrote:

I activated a SIM card yesterday (Sept. 6, 2019) on the $15 plan for my daughter and it's still not working.  Yesterday she can receive incoming calls and texts but couldn't make any outgoing calls or texts.  Today, incoming or outgoing is not working.  How can I contact the moderator to help? Is there any phone number to call about account related problems?

Young1

I activated a SIM card yesterday (Sept. 6, 2019) on the $15 plan for my daughter and it's still not working.  Yesterday she can receive incoming calls and texts but couldn't make any outgoing calls or texts.  Today, incoming or outgoing is not working.  How can I contact the moderator to help? Is there any phone number to call about account related problems?

Glad it's working now. I'm curious though if the date 1969 changed in your self serve account account?

@jpjpjp wrote:

Looks like the text and calls is working now for me although not sure if it's temproary.  I didn't do anything different and do update from mods.  Potentially just a clitch in the payment system and the system being updated, who knows.  I'll update if it stops working etc. but it'll be good to know others that had the same issue, whether it started working for them as well.

Others are also reporting that they had service this morning. Hopefully, that means they have it licked!

@jpjpjp wrote:

Looks like the text and calls is working now for me although not sure if it's temproary.  I didn't do anything different and do update from mods.  Potentially just a clitch in the payment system and the system being updated, who knows.  I'll update if it stops working etc. but it'll be good to know others that had the same issue, whether it started working for them as well.

jpjpjp

Nayana

No I didn't transfer a number and no I cannot make any calls or texts though I didn't get the suspended notice.  Very disenchanted.

@ArturkerobyanUse Simon by clicking on the ? on the lower right hand corner.. tell it you have activation issues, it should bring up an option to submit ticket.. submit a ticket and hopefully moderators will fix your issue within 48 hours.

Arturkerobyan

I have the same issue. Today I activated a new PM card with $25 plan and can not make any call or receive a call. All the time getting the same message that my plan does not cover long distance calls and needs adds on. But all calls i did was local calls.

trottierwong

It also says "Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Dec 30, 1969"

Some error in payment system? 

@trottierwong wrote:

I have just activated my sim card but I cannot make any call and says my account can not make my "long distance call without add on." But dialed a local number. Logging into my online account says i have a $52.00 balance?

Please help

Cindy

When I read this message, the first things that I notice are that you just activated and that you have a $52 balance.  Unless you deliberately applied an additonal payment, that balance should not be there. If I were guess, I'd say that you activated a $50 plan but that the system hasn't taken the payment to pay for the plan yet. The extra $2 is likely from an Autopay reward.

flutewalker

I have a gal s8 so it isnt the phone...its a glitch in the payment system and hopefully will be addressed soon otherwise enjoy the rest from being on our phones all the time!!

jpjpjp

Thanks but I did a factory reset as I got the phone from another PM user.

But to be honest, I'll give it a try.  Nothing on the phone anyways and a new sim card and number so really, no time/data to be lost.

But looks like a larger issue with others having problems so maybe i'll wait the night and a system glitch or something might get fixed.

Thank you for the suggestion.

This is drastic, yet valid info. LG phones are notorious for requiring resets when changing providers. The network reset, I would consider. But I'd wait for moderator help before I blew away all my phones data. It might work for some situations (maybe not yours), but you could lose everything else in the process.

I typed V20 in the search bar and alot of threads came up indicating that the owners of a V20 had to do a factory reset on their phone to get it to work on Public Mobile (enter V20 in the search bar and read some threads)

Doing a factory reset will erase your phone completely. So it is very important to back up your phone first so you do not loose all your stuff. 

Should you decide to do a factory reset that is at your discretion. I can't guarantee it will resolve the issue you are having just giving you a suggestion based on other threads.

You could also try pulling out sim card wiping the contacts and popping it back in.

Maybe also try resetting the network settings.

In any event as stated reading other threads by searching V20 indicates that a factory reset resolved the issues.

@jpjpjp wrote:

it's an LG V20

it's compatible based on the check I did prior to activation

trottierwong

Ticket is submitted. 

jpjpjp

I sent a message to contact moderator.  If I get a response with resolution, I will post here.

trottierwong

Nothing is working. Can anyone finsh another article that has simlar issue?

@trottierwong is right. We have seen a lot of these issues today. I'd get it in the hands of the moderators because there may be a larger issue that needs to be addressed.

You should consider creating a support ticket. Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment bubble in the bottom right.

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better. Answer his questions until you get to here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team

jpjpjp

it's an LG V20

it's compatible based on the check I did prior to activation

What phone model do you have?

@jpjpjp wrote:

Hi there, I too have the same problem.

I did not transfer my number from another provider.  I have an unlocked phone with a new activation with a PM phone number provided.

I powered down, restarted etc. multiple times (no help)

I also tried the 1 before the # and that did not work.

I did receive a text saying saying PIN # and rewards.

But outside of that, the network doesn't do anything.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Does your account say active in self serve? Does anything else work? Texting, data? 

trottierwong

Same. Seems everything that is signing up today has this problem...

Looks like there's something wrong with the activations tonight.  I've seen 5 people that just activated and have the same issues. Looks like you'll have to click on the question mark on the bottom right of the screen and tell them your problems! 

trottierwong

Yes i have tried. Seems the data also doesnt work.

Need Help? Let's chat.