cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have iPhone SE2020 plan for $15 and I am not able to send MMS and international text

Katerinah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

16 REPLIES 16

@Sweetl wrote:

First 15 dollar plan have some limitation regarding mms when you are using iMessage with iPhone it will go if other receiver have iPhone device. But anywhere else u need data for mms. So try in WiFi area check it should work

What do you mean by limitation? If you're speaking of the fact that the plan only includes 250MB of data, the fact that internet is required to use iMessage is not specfic to the $15 plan.  Customers also have the option not to use iMessage-specific features and to send all messages as standard SMS and MMS.

Sweetl

For international message you have first country code and then number 

example like if u send message USA try +1 then number

Sweetl

First 15 dollar plan have some limitation regarding mms when you are using iMessage with iPhone it will go if other receiver have iPhone device. But anywhere else u need data for mms. So try in WiFi area check it should work

@Katerinah wrote:

It does now , thanks

Sometimes it's handy to have data available while you're outside. Go into Setting / Cellular to enable data for the apps you might think you'll use occasionally. I enable Safari and Gogle Maps in case I need them on the road. They don't use data when not in use, but handy to have.

Katerinah

Very helpful, thank you so much!

@Katerinah

• open settings
  • toggle "cellular data" on or off. it might also be called "mobile data"

even if you are using wifi make sure to toggle this feature off. because if the wifi disconnects it will immediately start using your data allotment

@Katerinah wrote:

Thank you, it works now.  How do I ensure that internet browsing is through WiFi not mobile data?

@Katerinah 

If you are near Wifi connection, your phone will use Wifi.  If there is no Wifi, then your data will be used.  You will need to manually turn off your data if you are away from Wifi and do not want to use your data.  

Katerinah

It does now , thanks

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I usually turn off Mobile Data unless I know I have to send/receive an MMS message (or if I'm out and need to use data).

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Katerinah, is your iPhone trying to send the message as an iMessage?  For that, you do require data.  If that is the case you will need to change your settings to send the messages as MMS and not iMessages

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Katerinah

Thank you, it works now.  How do I ensure that internet browsing is through WiFi not mobile data?

@Katerinah  you have to enable data, sms and mms to send to Android phones. And to send international texts you have to use the correct exit code. Which country are you trying to text? Thanks. Stay safe. 

@Katerinah 

Does your talk and data work?  

Maybe try to reboot phone or network reset.  

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you have data enabled when you send MMS? It's necessary to turn data on (whatever data used by MMS won't count against your plan)

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Katerinah Hello you need data enabled in order to send or receive MMS messages It does not take away from your available data it also works even if you are out of data data just needs to be enabled

Need Help? Let's chat.