cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have attempted activation 6 separate times now to no avail. is the ANYBODY at this company to talk

a3fingerquarter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

is there a physical human being out there that works for this place

13 REPLIES 13

well my first mistake was taking the advice from the guy at Walmart. he suggested purchasing a $48 voucher. my plan costs $50... now I have another question: I had to pay the sales tax on purchasing the voucher. Why is the site charging me tax on the voucher?

@a3fingerquarter Instead of choosing the $50 plan maybe select the $40 plan to get up and running and change it to the $50 plan on your next renewal.

As for the tax, there's no way around it you will always get charged taxes.

FryBoss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up last month and had some issues too. I went through the whole sim registration and then got a page error.

Turns out that you have to give it some time. Just because you do something now, doesn't mean it takes in affect right away. I waited a day to let everything sink in, contacted support by requesting a moderator and explained what happened They helped me a few hours later and got it all figured out. It's the only way you can move forward, probably why their plans are so affordable. Hope this helps...

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

If you need assistance you can try tomorrow this link

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en 

Unfortunately they are closed now

Welcome to public mobile

@a3fingerquarter that is a good question, I can only assume tax because it is providing a sevice..... hmmm Maybe thats why they dont call them gift cards, it must be because of how you can apply it maybe CRTC rules or something?

@a3fingerquarter do you have a valid American or Canadian bank issued Visa, MasterCard or American express credit card or Visa or MasterCard  debit that you can use to activate? You have to pay the full $50 for the first month. The $48 voucher can then be used to pay your next 30 day cycle. PM will not charge you tax on the voucher. It was charged by Walmart. You will be charged  tax depending upon the area code of the number chosen. 

If you didn't mange to activate. Wait 1 hour from last attempt, clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate your SIM card.

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Here's 3 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if required:

1. How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
2. How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
3. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Stay safe.

@a3fingerquarter wrote:

I tried that route, it prompted me to write a ticket. to which I don't have a phone number yet established to write on the ticket. 

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

a3fingerquarter

I tried that route, it prompted me to write a ticket. to which I don't have a phone number yet established to write on the ticket. 

a3fingerquarter

thanks for the tip

a3fingerquarter

and thank you for your help btw 

a3fingerquarter

well my first mistake was taking the advice from the guy at Walmart. he suggested purchasing a $48 voucher. my plan costs $50... now I have another question: I had to pay the sales tax on purchasing the voucher. Why is the site charging me tax on the voucher?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can contact moderator by clicking "?" at bottom right corner.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@a3fingerquarter  how far are you getting in the activation process and what's the message that you are getting? If you are trying to port a number you can't port Koodo prepaid or pc mobile postpaid without moderator(PM customer service here) help.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@a3fingerquarter wrote:

is there a physical human being out there that works for this place

Maybe try the new online chat service for activations.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Need Help? Let's chat.