cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question about texting

mfizz55
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How come when I send a text to a friend it takes 10/20 minutes for it to actually send to them. Can anyone help me? 

Thank you! 🙂

17 REPLIES 17

mfizz55

@Daphne1 
I just clean my cache and deleted my messages also restarted my phone. Hopefully this works!!

Daphne1

Sounds like your Public Mobile service is working fine. Time to diagnose that phone. I bet you’ve already tried rebooting it.

mfizz55

@Daphne1 

Receiving texts Isn't a problem.

mfizz55

@Daphne1 

With my older phone it was in seconds
Yes it was with the exact same Sim card

My cell phone was working fine when I first got with public Mobile. It's just this week I notice the texting was being weird.

@geopublic wrote:

@mfizz55 wrote:

@geopublic 

I'm just using the messager that came with the phone. Yes I'm getting the delivery times from the delivery notification. Yes I have data with my plan. My connection is LTE.

@mfizz55Are you using the latest version of the app. Do you use Google Play to get updates? 

@mfizz55Some reasons why your SMS might not be delivered instantly.

• The location of the sender or recipient: Being located on the border of two cell towers or in  spot where the network signal is blocked such as in a mountainous region or in urban areas, tall buildings can also cause transmission issues. Another possible culprit can be an old building with poor cell reception.
  • Mobile device problems: A week or uncharged battery on a device or a defective antenna can cause  a delay in text message delivery.
  • Network traffic: Texting during periods of heavy network use impacts text delivery speed. Periods of increased traffic may create congestion on the local network and delay arrival of messages to the handset.
  • Delivery receipts: Please note that arrival of delivery receipts are not always a good measure of when the SMS was delivered. Delivery receipts are often prioritised lower than other traffic (i.e. lower than the SMS traffic) on networks, and at busy times or when networks approach maximum capacity they will de-prioritise delivery of delivery receipts further in favour of SMS content, leading to potentially very delayed arrival of delivery receipts in your account.

Daphne1

@mfizz55 wrote:

I just used an old cell phone and the texting was faster. 

How about receiving texts? Have you tested that on both phones?

Daphne1

You mention it takes 10 to 20 mins to actually send out a text.
When you tried with an older phone, how much faster was it? And it’s with the exact same Sim card?

If there is a big discrepancy, then the phone is at fault. Your newer phone may have a virus or bloatware which is causing delays. Or it may simply require an update.

@mfizz55 wrote:

@geopublic 

I'm just using the messager that came with the phone. Yes I'm getting the delivery times from the delivery notification. Yes I have data with my plan. My connection is LTE.

@mfizz55Are you using the latest version of the app. Do you use Google Play to get updates? 

mfizz55

@geopublic 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mfizz55 wrote:

How come when I send a text to a friend it takes 10/20 minutes for it to actually send to them. Can anyone help me? 

Thank you! 🙂

Are you using the native Google messages to send messages or another app? Are you getting the delivery times form the delivery notification from within the app? Do you have data as part of your plan? Is your connection 3G or LTE?

Asullivan

With my old android I had to delete the message and restart my phone. You could also try clearing you cache.

Asullivan

With my old android I had to delete the message and restart my phone. You call also try clearing you cache.

mfizz55

It isn't a Iphone. It's a Android.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mfizz55 wrote:

@mfizz55 based on a previous message you asked about iPhone, I'll assume this is on an iPhone.  Further, I'll guess you selected a plan that excludes data?  If you're sending an iMessage to another iOS device (blue bubble in the text message app), then it's likely you're doing so while out of WiFi coverage, and the iPhone is only able to actually send the message to servers when you get back into WiFi coverage.

If that's the case, the solution is to turn off iMessage, or to get a plan with cellular data.

mfizz55

I just used an old cell phone and the texting was faster. 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mfizz55 wrote:

Thank you! 🙂

@mfizz55 

Possibly asetting on your phone...check to see if the send using sms setting is turned on and not just imessage? Could be wrong but its something to check..good luck

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mfizz55 It's looks like a hardware issue I would say try your sim in other phone and see if you having the same issue or not this way we can find out if it's hardware issue or service issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.