cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had a number with public mobile and need to recover it

mhammich
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

i was stuck out of canada due to covid 19 and i lost my number, is it possible to recover it

12 REPLIES 12

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Count back to the day when you think it was disconnected or when you last paid. see if its 90 days.

Better act fact it might be teeting on the edge to get be reallocated, and you might be able to save if its its not already reassigned.

If you cant figure out the time frame call the number as people have suggested ...act fast.

Its like try to snatch that last concert ticket before anyone else does.

@mhammich wrote:

thank you for your feedback, my original operator is public mobile

You may have some luck then if you contact the moderators.  I would contact them to see if it is available and then immediately activate a SIM and search for that number.  Or if they say it is available activate with a new number and then ask if they can switch to your old one.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@mhammich 

It was a public mobile number so you have that going for you.....if it's not reassigned you could go thru the customize the last 4 digits of your phone number option when you activate and possibly find your old number that way without moderator intervention. You could also contact them now with your intent and they could possibly find your number and hold it for you while you activate with a new sim and a temporary number and the moderators can then assign your old number to you if it's available.

I think it's @kselmak that has some expertise in this area....of recovering old/lost phone numbers from the change your number function in your account. However the customization option is only available during activation.

@mhammich whatever you do, in order to get your number back the first step is activating with a new SIM and a temporary number. The sooner you do this, th better the chance that you may get it back. Choose a number that you like since getting yours back is a longshot. The good news is that you can now activate a new account using your old email address. Then once you activate again get in touch with the moderators and see if they can recover it for you. Stay safe. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mhammich 

From the renewal date which you missed the payment, your account will be suspended. Your account will be canceled after 90 days.  Your phone number will be back to the provider who gave you your number.

Phone your old PM number. 

1.  If someone answer your call or goes to someone's voicemail, your old number was reassigned to someone else.

2.  If you get the number not assigned message, your old number is still the the old number recycle waiting pool to be assigned.  You can ask the provider who gave you your number to open an account and get your old number to assigned to your new account.  After you get your number back, you can activate another PM account and port your number back to PM.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mhammich wrote:

If you need to contact pm moderators, click on https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ to get started. Enter your question into SIMon. Follow/invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you're unable to submit a ticket, alternatively you can send them a private message here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

mhammich
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@mhammich For how long was it suspended? More than 90 days or less? If more, it is gone forever, and you need to buy a new sim and register new account with number. If less, then just top up your balance to cover your monthly plan.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@mhammich 

Once your account is deactivated and cancelled after 90 days the phone number will return to the original provider (telus, bell or rogers). Once returned it will be placed in the recycled numbers pool for 60 to 90 days until it's available for reassignment. If you are within the window before reassignment you can possibly recover your phone number by activating a service with that provider and requesting it.

If your account is under 90 days and still suspended you just have to top up your account and reactivate.

Edit: ninja'd.....as per @shep22  suggestion try calling it first to determine if it's already been reassigned.

shep22

@mhammich you could try calling to see if your number is possibly avaliable chances are its in use 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mhammich 

If it has been more than 90 days suspended, the number is likely lost. 

If less than 90 days, just load funds and reactivate your plan. 

Daps

If your account was suspended for 90 days, then your account closed and number went back to the original cell provider.

Was your number from telus, koodo or public mobile? If so, you can contact moderator_team and hope your number is available. Otherwise you may have to contact the original provider who issued that number.

Need Help? Let's chat.