cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

**I got billed 8 times at Wow Boutique when I signed up for Public Mobile!!!!

On June 10th when I was at the wow boutique signing up for the public service, they couldn't get it to work so they tried to do sign up multiple times on multiple credit cards. I took my sim home and eventually made the service work with the help of the moderators that was great.

But what has happened now is that I have 8 charges on my credit card that have settled, each charge is $33.9 totalling to $271!!!

One of these charges says its Wow Boutique, which is legitimate and represents the service I bought. The other 7 charges of $33.9 says koodo top up pre-approv, I went back to the booth and they said I have to contact the community again. I called koodo and they said they have no access to public clients, I called my bank and they said they can't do anything till I prove I did not use those services.

Can someone please help me reverse these 7 charges?????

Tags (3)
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: **I got billed 8 times at Wow Boutique when I signed up for Public Mobile!!!!

@jayzee316 

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

You will receive a response within an hour, if you are lucky OR it might take up to 48 hours, if your luck is run out! Woman Wink

Mayor / Maire

Re: **I got billed 8 times at Wow Boutique when I signed up for Public Mobile!!!!

it will help if you can take a screenshot or picture of teh charges when discussing the issue with the mods

jp2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Again the reps messed everything up. Are these reps trained at all? 

Oracle

@jp2 wrote:

Again the reps messed everything up. Are these reps trained at all? 

Easy on these people as well they are just doing a job trying to get people signed up.  How many times on here do we someone post that they have been charged multiple times.  It happens A LOT and it isn't the user error because they get a message of something like "Credit card could not be processed" so they try again and again.  This isn't just happening through stores many people at home experience the same things.  So remember that it is probably more of PM's activation system then the person trying to activate the service.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
jp2

Yes probably but we also hear from people saying the sales person lied to them about the promotions and others that mess up their sim or don't check if their phone even works before signing them up 

Oracle

@jp2 wrote:

Yes probably but we also hear from people saying the sales person lied to them about the promotions and others that mess up their sim or don't check if their phone even works before signing them up 

Is that the case here? No it is a PM activation issue that has gone on for a long time that needs to be fixed.  I agree there could be more training but that is for all cell provider staff.  These are usually minimum wage jobs with people trying to get any little bit of commission they can to be able to live.  We have always questioned the retail option with the questionable activation system here, but I have to say it has gone better than I thought and helped people who might not be able to do it on their own at home.

ETA When I went from Telus to Rogers (prior to PM) I ported my number and the rep did it right in the store and told me I could go and it would be activated within 4 hours.  These people don't have time to sit and wait for ports to complete if taking anymore than 5 minutes to make sure everything was completed.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jp2 It is not salesman job to check your phone for compatibility with Public Mobile!

jp2

@LEGO wrote:

@jp2 It is not salesman job to check your phone for compatibility with Public Mobile!

It should be or at least tell the customer how to check themselves. If your not checking compatibility like the website says just signing unaware consumers up for service, PM is just asking to have unhappy customers 

Oracle

@jp2 wrote:

@LEGO wrote:

It should be or at least tell the customer how to check themselves. If your not checking compatibility like the website says just signing unaware consumers up for service, PM is just asking to have unhappy customers 

As consumers we need to take some responsibility as well.  We need people to do research to even make sure PM will be the right service for them as it isn't for everyone.  Be like buying a new vehicle that has a gas engine but when going to fill it up you put Diesel in it because your last vehicle was a Diesel engine.