cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a message saying my registration failed. Meanwhile, my credit card had been charged. Pls help.

eddykwlam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I registered my new Public Mobile SIM card.

Then I setup my account email, password, security question.

Then I picked a new phone number from the screen.

Then I selected my monthly plan.

Then I entered mt credit card info.

Everything seemed so smooth and I got a message saying my registration FAILED!!!

Meanwhile, my credit card had been charged.

Please help!

34 REPLIES 34

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Do not cancel, you could lose your number. Just keep using the Rogers sim until this gets fixed.

Kaganhsiung

Doesn't seem like I have a successful port. Called Rogers and it is still active on their side. On the PM phone I can call out & text but can't receive calls.  Should I cancel Rogers or make sure PM fixes the port before I cancel?? Please help

Rockdaddy22
It should automatically cancel Rogers if you have a successful port.

Kaganhsiung

Yes. Thanks alot.

However I find something weird. If it ported correctly wouldn't the roger number shuts down. The phone is for my daughter who is in residence right now. I was able to call from PM sim to her roger sim of the same number. I haven't cancelled rogers yet as she is still using the phone till I get this PM one to her. My brother told me that I don't need to call Roger as it will automatically cancel itself.

Rockdaddy22
So it works?

Kaganhsiung

thanks. You're the best. I only tried it today coz I saw my cc was being charged. 

Rockdaddy22
Phone your credit card company

Rockdaddy22
Please just try the sim
Do you know how many people I've helped by telling them to put the sim in your phone, lots lol

Kaganhsiung

No I haven't. Coz when I went through the whole process of activating my SIM towards the end it says error your sim cannot be activated to contact PM. I have been checking my cc and it hasn't been charged yet. But then it might take a while to show up due to weekend and I just put it through on Fri. I know I did an error while trying to port the number and provided the wrong Rogers account as I have 2.

Rockdaddy22
Have you tried the sim yet?

Kaganhsiung

Hi @eddykwlam, @Hstorm88,

Just wondering if you guys have heard from Cat PM since she last email us on Sat and your issues has been solved. I haven't and the whole site is new to me and I know they are probably dealing with a lot of issues on last minute set up.

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @eddykwlam, @Hstorm88, and @Kaganhsiung-

If you still have an issue, can you please private message me the following info so I can help you:

1. Username

2. SIM card #

3. Email address used at activation

Thanks! 🙂

Kaganhsiung

I got a message to contact PM as it seems there is an error activating the SIM card. I believe I imputed the Rogers account incorrectly. However I couldn't go back anywhere to correct nor log back to my PM account. Please help. I even try to reset up again but now the SIM card wont register .

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Hstorm88 wrote:
Thanks so much. My credit card was charged but it was not applied to my plan. Icanot use my phone at all. Do you work for Public mobile? I still need help.... I payed my monthly fee but.it did not apply to my number or account. I also can still not access my self serve reset the pin and password. OrverifyMy plan is suspended. It says I need to pay. My card was already charged. I cannot access self serve, verify my phone number, reset mylogin, my pin says it's incorrect. my number can't be verified! Helpplz. Thank u+!

@Hstorm88

Sorry to hear about the issue with the activation. As the other members mentioned please use the contact us page: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

• Click on the "Contact Us link"
  • Click on SIM & Activation
  • Click on Activation
  • Click on I activated my phone and SIM card in the past 24 hours
  • Click on I did receive an error message
  • Click on Email us

A support agent will assist you, also you will be contacted in less than 24hours.

Cheers

Hstorm88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Thanks so much. My credit card was charged but it was not applied to my plan. I canot use my phone at all. Do you work for Public mobile? I still need help.... I payed my monthly fee but.it did not apply to my number or account. I also can still not access my self serve reset the pin and password. Or verifyMy plan is suspended. It says I need to pay. My card was already charged. I cannot access self serve, verify my phone number, reset my login, my pin says it's incorrect. my number can't be verified! Help plz. Thank u+!

I replied to your other post. Please decide which one you want the Community to track.        Re: I got a message saying my registration failed....             

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Hstorm88 Check out this post        We’re sorry, we’re experiencing some issues              and following the link to send an email to PM. Click appropriate buttons until you get to a web page to fill and send. Be sure to include at least your phone number, but also your account number if you got one as well as a description of the plan you want.

It will require some patience as there is maintence this weekend. However, if you do not have a response within 48 hours come back here and let us know.

If you do get things resolved, your colleagues hear would appreciate knowing.

If you use a credit card, it would be wise to check it tomorrow in case the charge went through.

BTW: you will find it easier to get accurate responses to enquiries if you start a new thread rather than joing one in progress.

Hstorm88
The same thing is happening to me

Hstorm88
I am having this same issue as this customer.

Hstorm88
I just activated my Sim card. The activation said it failed but my crefit card was charged. I cannot access self serve or register myself with my activated number because that gets an error too. I sent myself a text from an app to my new public mobile number and it says I received a text but I need to add texting to my plan. Any suggestions?

@eddykwlam Thanks for being persistent and patient. Welcome aboard.

@eddykwlam, took 24 HRS for Porting to complete? That is a bit long, BUT it can happen, Rarely

eddykwlam

@Mansi_Gand @Luddite

I rebooted my phone again and it finally works!!!

Incoming calls and outgoing calls are ok.

My phone is now ready to go.... 24hrs after my 1st attempt on activation

Thank you.

Suggest you reboot the phone, or turn airplane mode on/off, or remove SIM and battery and restart.

Or wait a while to see if it just a timning issue.

eddykwlam

@Mansi_G

Incoming calls still fails...When I call my number, I hear "Your call has been forwarded to Public Mobile messaging centre..."

Outgoing calls are ok.

My Account is ok.

Thanks.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thanks @eddykwlam for providing all the details. Your issue should have been resolved now. Can you please check and confirm.

Thanks

eddykwlam

I am confirming that I have also sent an email using the Contact Us link.

I selected an unlimited provincial talk plan, which cost $30 per month. The monthly payment will be $33.90 with tax.

I entered my credit card information and the payment transaction was ok. I see Public Mobile charged $33.90 to my credit card.

A minute later, I also received an email from "Public Mobile (public-mobile-notifications@publicmobile.ca)", which says:

=========================================================

Thanks for choosing Public Mobile. Here’s some information you’d want to know:

Here is a summary of what you've signed up for:

Plan & Add-ons:

Here's what you selected:

30-day pass $10.00

Unlimited Provincial Talk $20.00

Pre-Tax Total:

$30.00

Tax:

$3.90

Total Services Purchased:

$33.90

=========================================================

Here are my problems:

(1) I got an error message on the computer screen saying my activation failed.

(2) I cannot make any calls

When I made calls from the phone, I hear "Hi Public Mobile here. Talk is not included in your current plan…"

(3) I cannot access My Account

When I go to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ with my email address and password, it says "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again."

When I try to "Create Account" with my phone number, it says "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here."

When I try to reset my password, after I entered my email address, it says " Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address. "

THANKS.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @eddykwlam - Which options did you choose while building a plan? Also can you confirm if you have already sent an email using Contact Us link?

@eddykwlam Think you should send an email to PM support; start at Contact Us on the PM web site, then Email Away, then click your way through to a web form you can fill and send. Be sure to include either your phone number or account # in the message. You should hear back within 48 hours.

I couldn't see if you were a Koodo customer before PM and have used the same email address for both accounts. If so, you could try changing your Koodo address. That cured the problem for another customer.

If the phone sees the PM network can you call/text?

eddykwlam

I can't go to "My Account" in Public Mobile using my registered email and phone number.

I think it is a matter of "My Account" from Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.