cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get error message 8UC3 when just dialling one particular number. All other numbers work

taycha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I try to call one particual number (it is a VOIP)I keep getting error messasge 8UC3 and states that it cannot place call as dialed and  I need to call client care at *611. This is the only number that I get this error message for.  All other numbers dial no problem.  Only thing different about this number it is a VOIP (through Shaw Cable). When I call the number on another phone , no problem, call gets placed.  Do I need to adjust a setting to be able to dial to a VOIP line? Is this goign to be an issue with other VOIP phone numbers?

Please any assistants would be greatly appreciated. For I would like to be able to call this friend.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

taycha

Ok finally got number to work. Was able to get buddy to finally call me from his home line.  (He kept calling me on his cell.)  Once this happened it appeared that his number did put a 1 in front of it.  I did try this when it was suggested in an eariler responce to this post, so I am unsure why it did not work at that time?  Not realluy sure why this number has a 1 in front, since it is not long distance, but who am I to question the Phone Gods!  It works now and going forward I will definately try the 1 in front of a number if I get this message again (perhaps a couple of times if the first time it does not seem to work).

I thank you alll for helping me with/through this issue and I hope this post helps others that may get this message.

To you all  have a fabuliuous day! 🙂 

@taycha wrote:

Still not solved. Moderator came back with this response: "When you get an error like this it´s because of the other number been on a permanent or temporary suspension."  

If they would have read the post I stated I caould call the number on my home phone line.  Have sent it back to them so hopefully I will get a better response.

Will keep you posted if I get a response/resolve.

@taycha  I still believe that your number has been accidently blocked by that number. You should ask the receiver and ask them to check if they haven't accidently blocked your number. That would explain why you could call from other numbers without issues.

taycha

Still not solved. Moderator came back with this response: "When you get an error like this it´s because of the other number been on a permanent or temporary suspension."  

If they would have read the post I stated I caould call the number on my home phone line.  Have sent it back to them so hopefully I will get a better response.

Will keep you posted if I get a response/resolve.

taycha

Good suggestion, for I was wondering if it is my number.  The province has a new area  code (not sure when it was added), but I know that one person (o,n their work line) cannot call me for they kepp being told that it is long distance. So when he puts a 1 in front  it then gets the number is not long distance.  Unsure, but I do not know any one else in my circle that has public mobile. So I have sent the issue up the chain, so hopeflly they will let me know.

Thanks for the suggestion .

@taycha  If you have a friend that is also on PM might be worthwhile asking them to call that number. If they can make the call it means the issue is with your number.

taycha

Thanks.  I will see what they can do.

@taychaI think only a Public Mobile tech can fix this. The problem pops up from time to time. Just message the moderators with the number, times and exact error messages. Just not expect to have an immediate fix.

taycha

Just tried adding a 1 and +1. It did nothing.

Thanks for the suggestion

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@taycha wrote:

When I try to call one particual number (it is a VOIP)I keep getting error messasge 8UC3 and states that it cannot place call as dialed and  I need to call client care at *611. This is the only number that I get this error message for. 

@taycha  Is that message is coming from PM or Shaw? Do you know?

All other numbers dial no problem.  Only thing different about this number it is a VOIP (through Shaw Cable). When I call the number on another phone , no problem, call gets placed.  Do I need to adjust a setting to be able to dial to a VOIP line?

No, calling VOIP numbers with PM is not an issue at all.

Is this goign to be an issue with other VOIP phone numbers?

No, I call VOIP numbers all the time withou an issue.

Please any assistants would be greatly appreciated. For I would like to be able to call this friend.

Thanks

Edit: Double check the number on your phone. Are you using  Contacts to dial the number? If yes, dial it directly.

Another reason is that your number is being blocked by the receiver.

My only recommendatio would be to message the moderator with the number and ask them to check it. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Recovery

Have you tried adding a 1 or +1 in front of the number?

Need Help? Let's chat.