cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I follwed one of your directions on how to sim network unlock my phone and now it says somethin lik

Nikki2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

follwed one of your directions to unlock my sim network code and now it says that pluse a puk unlock to 

10 REPLIES 10

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Can you please clarify  the solution for me? Bad grammar and spelling errors with two similarly  worded code messages has me a tad confused.

1. SIM network unlock PUK is acquired from the device manufacturer or the previous provider that a phone is locked to....not telus because it wouldn't need to be unlocked to work.
  2. If the solution is contacting the moderators to get the PUK code it's because the aforementioned code was acquired and put incorrectly into the phone too many times requiring pm's PUK code to unlock the SIM card?

If so I was correct I just needed to understand the differences between the two messages? I just want to get this straight in my brain for future reference. Thx

SIM Network Unlock PUK cannot be given by the moderators. The SIM Network Unlock PUK is a master code to re-enable the ability to network unlock the device using the SIM Network Unlock PIN.

@computergeek541 

Can you please clarify  the solution for me? Bad grammar and spelling errors with two similarly  worded code messages has me a tad confused.

1. SIM network unlock PUK is acquired from the device manufacturer or the previous provider that a phone is locked to....not telus because it wouldn't need to be unlocked to work.
  2. If the solution is contacting the moderators to get the PUK code it's because the aforementioned code was acquired and put incorrectly into the phone too many times requiring pm's PUK code to unlock the SIM card?

If so I was correct I just needed to understand the differences between the two messages? I just want to get this straight in my brain for future reference. Thx

@darlicious wrote:

@Nikki2019  I do believe you have to get a PUK code from the moderators. But give us the exact message given to make sure you need the correct code.

If you do need to contact the moderators click on the (?)at the bottom right corner of the screen to submit a ticket via simon explaining your issue. Type account specific issue and then type human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

Is your phone unlocked from your previous provider?

In the message immedaitely before yours, @Nikki2019  confirmed that the phone is asking for the SIM Network Unlock PUK. Public Mobille cannot provide that to the customer (unless of course the phone is locked to Telus, but if that was the case, the phone wouldn't be asking for that when inserting a Public Mobile sim card).

Only the device manufactuer or old carrier that the device is locked to can be of any assistance.

@Nikki2019  I do believe you have to get a PUK code from the moderators. But give us the exact message given to make sure you need the correct code.

If you do need to contact the moderators click on the (?)at the bottom right corner of the screen to submit a ticket via simon explaining your issue. Type account specific issue and then type human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

Is your phone unlocked from your previous provider?

Nikki2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

no it's not unlocked that's what I'm trying to do and now it says " sim network pin locked.enter sim network puk

@dabr wrote:

@Nikki2019 wrote:

follwed one of your directions to unlock my sim network code and now it says that pluse a puk unlock to 

@Nikki2019  You'll need to contact moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the rest of the prompts to finish.

Also is your phone unlocked?

Public Mobile cannot help the customer with a devcie that is locked to another carrier.

The SIM Network Unlock PUK is needed when someone has entered the SIM Network Unlock PIN wrong multiple times. Now, both codes will be needed.  I am suspecting that is the code that the phone is prompting for because of the previous message about network unlock codes.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Nikki2019  Reboot your phone with the PM SIM installed then tell us the exact message.

FYI: 

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

This PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is on your SIM card. PM SIM cards do not require a PIN to activate.

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted by submitting a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Isn't sim PUK associated to the SIM card? What are you trying to do and is your phone unlocked?

@Nikki2019 what's the exact message that you are gettting? And  stop trying to do it. The SIM will become unusable after 10 attempts.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nikki2019 wrote:

@Nikki2019  You'll need to contact moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the rest of the prompts to finish.

Also is your phone unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.