cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know how to activate my SIM card

charlesdnewman3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

some one stole my phone yesterday an now I'm stuck trying to get my new SIM card working how do I get my phone number that I already have 

20 REPLIES 20

Hello @charlesdnewman3 ,

EDIT - i did not realize another thread was already started. Seems that first one has your answers in it - Good Luck!

Why don't you have access to your SELF SERVE account: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/?

Is your password not working? Try the "Forgot my Password" option if this is the case.

If this still does not work, then only the moderators can get you back in, follow @Triguy methods to contact them.

If you are saying your phone as a SIM in it, report your phone lost/stolen:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Resume/Reactivate Service

If you are saying you already purchased a new SIM, then once you get into your SELF SERVE account change your SIM number as @Triguy shows. 

Found under "Change Sim Card":

esjliv_0-1596590590569.png

Are you able to log into your account ?  If you can log in then you can change your sim..

Once you receive your new SIM card, you can change the SIM card number on your account and reactivate your service via Self-Serve by following these steps:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-ons > Change SIM card

Triguy_0-1612009433217.png

1. Enter your new SIM card number into the field. Your SIM card number is found on the back of your SIM card.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

charlesdnewman3

charlesdnewman3

yeah I just bought a new SIM to replace the stolen one @darlicious 

@charlesdnewman3 

So let me get this straight....You went to a store and had them activate a sim card. Did you choose a new number or port a number in? Did you put the pm sim card in your phone and then your phone got stolen? Or do you still have the pm sim you activated? Or have you bought an unactivated pm sim card to replace the now stolen one?

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@charlesdnewman3 :Maybe when you bought your phone at the store in first place they didn't create a self serve account for you, so try using your email and try the create account button in the self serve portal by click those the lines in to right corner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@charlesdnewman3 : Then all you can do is wait. By default, you'll get an email notification. Don't answer that. Come back here and click on the little envelope in the upper right next to your test tube avatar and then click on the subject line to fully open the message.

charlesdnewman3

I gave them my email an 4 digitt pin 

charlesdnewman3

store

Anonymous
Not applicable

@charlesdnewman3 : When you first started with Public Mobile did you activate in a store? Or yourself online? If in store then yes you're in a bit of a pickle where you'll need moderator help.

If yourself then you will have created an account. You would have chosen an email address that will have been the log in username.

charlesdnewman3

no i have tried logging in an it says that there is no account 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@charlesdnewman3 : Can you log in to the account that you already have? If so, use the above instructions. If not, try the Forgot your password? link. If still not then you'll need to contact the moderators to get you access to your account. Then again follow the instructions.

charlesdnewman3

if only it was that easy like I said my phone was stolen so for one I don't have a phone to get the 6 digit pin that they text you to move on to making a self serve account so yeah now what

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@charlesdnewman3 :As HALIMACS above said, log into your self serve account and choose change SIM card option.

Press those the lines in top corner, choose my account then log in. Next choose change SIM card and enter your new SIM card number.

@charlesdnewman3 wrote:

help me please I'm just so frustrated with this rite now 

Here  you are..

(sorry, Change Sim Card is broken into 2 lines on my screenshot

Change_SIMCardChange_SIMCard

Please see my earlier reply  @charlesdnewman3 

charlesdnewman3

help me please I'm just so frustrated with this rite now 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@charlesdnewman3 

Log into your self serve account and under My Profile, select the "change SIM card" option. 

After entering the new SIM card number, insert the SIM card into  whatever compatible phone you plan to use.

charlesdnewman3
I already have a public moble number I'm just don't know how to activate my new SIM card to my account I already have
Need Help? Let's chat.