Did you mean: 

I didn't receive an email confirming my service

Odin13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I never received an email confirming my service with Fido was cancelled

8 REPLIES 8

Twopennybuffalo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn’t get an email of cancellation with bell yesterday and public sent me nothing for 24 hours then today everything started arriving to my inbox and bell emailed me “sorry to see you go” 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Odin13 wrote:

I never received an email confirming my service with Fido was cancelled

Hello @Odin13 ,

If you ported from Fido to Public Mobile, then Public Mobile (nor us commoners Community members) would not know why you would not have received an email from Fido about cancelled service.

That is between you and Fido. Usually you can still log into Fido's account after porting out, can you do that in this case and see the account is cancelled? It may take a little bit first to register in their system.

If you responded to Fido's SMS to approve the port, you should be fine.

But keep an eye out on your Fido online account for the status and final bill.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barrascuk : Of course it was smart-alecky. They said email and why not from Fido. Why would this place be sending an email from Fido?

Then I asked about their situation and what they've done.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@Odin13 : So why are you asking here? Does your Fido SIM still work? Did you confirm the transfer text?

Nice answer.....well not really. @Odin13 is new here so why didn't you check first?

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 12.53.00 PM.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Odin13  what is showing when you login to Fido?  is Fido showing canceled?

did you receive text from Fido and did you reply YES?

also, if you put PM sim into the phone, do you get incoming calls? 

if you replied Fido text but incoming calls not working, just reboot the phone every 15 mins

as long as PM porting completed , your fido account will be closed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Odin13 

when you Transferring your old Phone Number, to any carrier
you will receive message SMS from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

but you will not getting email confirming from Fido was cancelled

just they will stop take your payment and if you have balance you have to pay for them or if you have a credit back on Fido account you will need to contact them to the will issue a cheque for refund to you.

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Did you port from Fido?  If yes did they send you a text asking if you authorized the port to PM? If yes your Fido account should be closed. But it would not hurt to confirm with them especially if you had a agreement/contract with them. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Odin13 : So why are you asking here? Does your Fido SIM still work? Did you confirm the transfer text?

Need Help? Let's chat.