cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd Like to Change My Number Before 30 days

tmckee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I chose the wrong region when picking my phone number and would like to change it to the right one to get the right area code before I text people my new phone number. How do I go about doing this? Thanks in advance.

20 REPLIES 20

@tmckee may I add that since moderator @Andu_S was the one who helped the other customer with the same problem, perhaps you should send him a private message too.

@tmckee wrote:

It looks as though they will not be doing anything to help me change my number any earlier than Jan 7 (the full 30 days). I copy pasted the link above about the similar situation where someone else had theirs changed. We'll see if they do anything from this info. Thanks everyone for your quick responses! I'm so surprised by the speedy replies!

Hi @tmckee sorry to hear this.  Some PM moderators are new and not aware that some rules can be broken.  I hope you get your number change sooner.

Happy Holidays!  🎄🎄🎄

tmckee

It looks as though they will not be doing anything to help me change my number any earlier than Jan 7 (the full 30 days). I copy pasted the link above about the similar situation where someone else had theirs changed. We'll see if they do anything from this info. Thanks everyone for your quick responses! I'm so surprised by the speedy replies!

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Having hope wins again!!!

Good to hear you'll be taken care of @tmckee 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tmckee  ignore what we all said. Contact mods.  They will do it.

Read this thread whole thing.  Someone had a similar case recently and use it for reference when contacting the mods. If they did it for them they should do it for you. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-Do-I-get-their-customer-service-t...

mimmo

@Spudster  from our understanding this is a system limitation which can not  be overridden.

@tmckee  if you do contact the mods please report back.  The community works best when we all have the correct info so we can advise others.

@Spudster wrote:

How much discretion and empowerment do "moderators" have?  

Surely Public Mobile can see this to be somewhat an exceptional circumstance - and it's really not asking a whole lot of them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Beginner-s-Guide-to-the-Community/td-p/6099...

“Members with a “MOD” badge are Community moderators. These members are here to help you troubleshoot any tech-related or service-related issues.”

Spudster

How much discretion and empowerment do "moderators" have?  

Surely Public Mobile can see this to be somewhat an exceptional circumstance - and it's really not asking a whole lot of them.

@Spudster 

It can't hurt to ask, but it's quite possible that moderators are either not allowed to override or that the system won't alllow it.

Spudster

Even though some folks here may not be giving you a lot of hope for a change, I betcha Public Mobile will do it for you, @tmckee 

I'd definitely ask them.  They'll do it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tmckee wrote:

I chose the wrong region when picking my phone number and would like to change it to the right one to get the right area code before I text people my new phone number. How do I go about doing this? Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear of your experience @tmckee .

I would be inclined to contact the Public Mobile Moderators to see if there is anything they could do. Explain the ordeal you went through.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to:

Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators(PM Customer Service Representatives)

mimmo

@tmckee  what plan did you get?  I ask because there is one way around the limit which is porting a new number .  You could say buy a lucky sim for $5 and get a 15$ plan then port that number to your pm sim  this is an option day if you were on a $40 plan.

You could also get a fongo it textnow free Canadian tel number and then port that number( not sure details/limitations with this option).   Others will I'm sure add.  

Or another option is to activate a new pm sim and use your current account as the referral gets you $10 credit.  But really only " worth it" if you picked the 15 or 20 plans.

@tmckee wrote:

In store, they were having issues with the signing up process. I was standing there for 1.5 hours and I had twin babies at home waiting for dinner so I couldn't hang around. They had already begun the process and picked a random city for me just to give me a number to finish the process myself at home. When I changed it myself, this is when I picked the wrong region. So, it was my first time trying to navigate the phone numbers myself when I made the mistake. 

Hi @tmckee so sorry to hear this, because that means that when you changed your number that would have counted to one change per 30 days.  Now you will have to wait for 30 days to change your number again.  That is just how the system works.

Stay safe.

@tmckee  unfortunately you will not be able to make another change for 30 days. 

tmckee

In store, they were having issues with the signing up process. I was standing there for 1.5 hours and I had twin babies at home waiting for dinner so I couldn't hang around. They had already begun the process and picked a random city for me just to give me a number to finish the process myself at home. When I changed it myself, this is when I picked the wrong region. So, it was my first time trying to navigate the phone numbers myself when I made the mistake. 

@tmckee  did you make a change of number already within 30 days? Or when you signed up and picked a number that is the only number you had?

If only number you had was the first number from signup. Clear internet cookie/history cache open a browser in incognito mode. Try to change again.

If you got original number than changed it to another number and now trying to change it again. You're out of luck as it's one change per 30 days.

@tmckee wrote:

I've gone through the regular stages of changing my number, but when I click submit, it says phone number change fail. I assume it's because it has not been 30 days since I got my original number

The number chosen during activation doesn't count as a phone number change. The 30 day change restriction is only supposed to apply if you already made a number change after the time of original activation.

tmckee

I've gone through the regular stages of changing my number, but when I click submit, it says phone number change fail. I assume it's because it has not been 30 days since I got my original number

@tmckee wrote:

If you're a new customer and just activated with that mistaken numberr, you can make a change immediately in your self serve account. If you've just changed to a new number, sorry, but you'll have to wait the 30 days.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@tmckee 

PM allows one change per 30 days.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.