cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I couldn't receive or make a phone call

qing8882
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I start my public mobile plan on Jan 10, 2019. everything worked fine. on Jan 25. By curiousity, I tap   Call Voicemail    on my iphone. Followed the guild, I set my voice, my passwords. And I was told the voicemail was successfully set. ON today, Jan 28, 2019, I realize I often receive voicemail notice. However, I couldn't hear my voicemail. There is only one option-Call voicemail- under my Voicemail manu. When I tap Call voicemail, there's a  saying :   sorry we can't complete your call, you don't a active have long distance active add on, and the call is not covered by your plan get an add on by dialing *611. And the voice stop. When I try using other phone to call my phone, no ringing on my phone, only that notice again. That means I can not receive phone call at all. AND, when I use my phone to call other people, there is a sound saying  sorry we can't complete your call, you don't a active have long distance active add on, and the call is not covered by your plan get an add on by dialing *611.  All in all, I can not use my phone for calling, even my accound is active and has $17 in balance. please help.  @Moderator_Team

20 REPLIES 20

@Muhayminhaider  a écrit :

I have been using my PM number for a while, but despite of an active plan and balance in my account, I can not make a call, or recieve a call or send any text messages. 

is there any Mod to look into this problem? 

@Modvlator 

Here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 to reach the moderator.

Is your self-serve account shows ACTIVE?

@Muhayminhaider wrote:

I have been using my PM number for a while, but despite of an active plan and balance in my account, I can not make a call, or recieve a call or send any text messages. 

@Modvlator 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Muhayminhaider

@Modvlator 

Winterberri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

#1. Go to settings and turn off your network (public mobile) under "carrier" 

#2. Restart your phone

#3. Turn everything back on.

IF it doesn't work it's ether a) your phone (usually easy to tell) is broke or B) take out your SIM card and reinsert it (make sure it goes back in the correct way!) 

try option b first but that should get it going

And here it's a public forum...so no personal information...you can change it clear your number ..you have to click on the 3 dots right up in your message... @Uzoh

@Uzoh can you write your message in a new subject ?? It will be easier and faster to have help....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started

And give the community more details of your problem please.

Uzoh

Re: I couldn't receive or make a phone call On Need assistant ASAP 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lieux wrote:

With the screenshots we can't see your usage of the calls??? @qing8882

We can't see 

Limited Canada-Wide Talk
0  /  50 MIN

...So is it a problem wit the plan???

I have the same plan as yours and I have this on my page....Smiley Frustrated

The fact that he does NOT see this suggests that he's used up his minutes.

There are over 50 minutes of calls just on those screenshots.

Curiouser still...he has some texts being called minutes near the bottom too.

So that's two strikes...data?? and texts being called minutes. Or...think of them as benefits. 🙂 but what's the point of a phone if you can't make calls. I guess you need to wait for your renewal or get an add-on.

With the screenshots we can't see your usage of the calls??? @qing8882

We can't see 

Limited Canada-Wide Talk
0  /  50 MIN

...So is it a problem wit the plan???

I have the same plan as yours and I have this on my page....Smiley Frustrated

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

You $10 plan does not have data. But you can enable data on your phone to send and receive photo MMS.  The MMS data usage is included without charge.

I went back in my usage history and found an MMS. The usage indicates that it's an MMS. Browser data shows up like what the OP's usage shows. So I'm still curious how that got there.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@qing8882 wrote:

I haven't used all of the text. by the way, I attching all the information about my using. In addition,  I don't understand while my plan doesn't include data, the usage list shows i used couple M of data. 

Your $10 plan does not have data. But you can enable data on your phone to send and receive photo MMS.  The MMS data usage is included without charge.

You can buy the $8 200 minutes or $15 400 minutes add-on after using all the minutes from your plan.  The minutes add-on does not have expiry date.  Unused minutes will be roll over to next month until you used all the add-on minutes.  Please note that buying add-on is a 2 steps process.  First step is add fund to your account.  Second step is purchase the add-on.  Since you have $17 available fund in your account, you can skip the first step.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@qing8882 wrote:

I haven't used all of the text. by the way, I attching all the information about my using. In addition,  I don't understand while my plan doesn't include data, the usage list shows i used couple M of data. 

Indeed, you still have texting. But it appears you have used all your minutes due to the fact that that line is not showing up there.

I don't know what you're saying about data. I don't see it anywhere. Edit: oh...in that usage...that is curious.

You can get the 8 or 15 dollar add-on that will last until your renewal and then sit there waiting for you to go over again.

qing8882

I haven't used all of the text. by the way, I attching all the information about my using. In addition,  I don't understand while my plan doesn't include data, the usage list shows i used couple M of data. 1.jpg111.jpg1111.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@qing8882 wrote:

I have tried restarting the phone but the problem still there.  And when I call  .17785804001 , i can not reach to them, only the same santance  sorry we can't complete your call, you don't a active have long distance active add on, and the call is not covered by your plan get an add on by dialing *611....

The $10 plan has limited calling and texting. You didn't go quite far enough on your screenshot. Further below if all is good then you would see a line each for texting and calling. If you don't then you've used all of that feature.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@qing8882

Thanks.  Your account status is active.

Please post another screen shot for the "My Data & Add-Ons" section which shows the usage of call minutes and outgoing texts.

Anyone can access this forum.  Please edit your post to remove your phone number to avoid getting spam calls.

qing8882

I have tried restarting the phone but the problem still there.  And when I call  .17785804001 , i can not reach to them, only the same santance  sorry we can't complete your call, you don't a active have long distance active add on, and the call is not covered by your plan get an add on by dialing *611....

qing8882

My plan is $10 plan, and I have $17 for balance.

Please see below. 

1111.jpg

@qing8882

Which plan do you have?  By chance, do you have the $10 plan, with 50 minutes and 50 texts?  If you have that plan, it is possilbe that you ran out of minutes.  You can check your self service account page, it should show your account status and any minutes left in your plan.  A screenshot of your account status page might be helpful (omit any personal information).

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@qing8882

It looks like ypour port number is not finished...you can write a message...click here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

And write moderator_team in send to..it will appear by itself...and explain your problem..wait 1 or 2 days and they will answer you and will help you with that...

ChantelleMarie

Have you tried restarting your phone because i find if i dont do that then it doesnt update my plan.

And is this the number you have for calling your voicemail...17785804001 

Need Help? Let's chat.