cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot send SMS texts on my iPhone. However I can send and receive MMS texts.

Aubrey993
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can receive all texts (SMS and MMS). I cannot send SMS.  All other services are working fine (data, phone, etc.). I have an iPhone SE running the latest iOS.

15 REPLIES 15

Buclespau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a iPhone SE and wasn’t able to send Text with images (MMS?). Reading the solutions in the forum I was able to fix it going to settings >general >reset >network. 2 minutes solution. Thanks for your help 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Thank for your response.

Please can you try your current SIM card into another phone?

I am waiting for your response.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

Aubrey993

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've tried that force reboot multiple times with no success in resolving the SMS issue.

pratchak
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@chakri264 wrote:

Could you please try pressing the home button and the power button together and force turn off your phone? Once the phone is restarted see if the problem is resolved??

I had the same issue few months ago. This trick really worked. Hope it works for you too.

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Could you please try pressing the home button and the power button together and force turn off your phone? Once the phone is restarted see if the problem is resolved??

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Aubrey993,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to send outgoing text messages and I can reassure you that I'll be there to help you with this issue.

In order to look into your account and for security reason, you need to provide the current Public Mobile phone number and PIN. Otherwise, you can provide 3 elements of the following information: Date of Birth, Address with Postal Code, Home or business contact number, Commonly called numbers or text messages (SMS), Last top-up amount and the date, Last booster purchased and the date or Email address.

I am waiting for your answer.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

let us know what's the solution when you find out!

Aubrey993

Thanks for the response.  I am connected via wifi. I turned off iMessage application and tried sending SMS.  It did not send.  Any other suggestions?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello Aubrey993,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

I am sorry to learn that you are unable to send SMS text message. 

If your iMessage software has been turned on, you've to be able to connect either on Wi-Fi or data available into your phone. Otherwise, you can turn off the Apple application then test if you will be able to send outgoing texts.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

Aubrey993

Ok thanks.  I tried those solutions.  No effect.  SMS messages still won't send.

@Aubrey993 I'm late to the game here but if you are still stuck it's possible that  a ”force" change of your SMS settings may solve the issue.  

•Go to Settings

•Then go to Mobile networks and select a network other than Public Mobile, Telus, or Koodo 

•When you exit the menu the phone should lose the network.

•Repeat the process and select Public Mobile as your mobile network.

This procedure will force the update of the message centre number. You can verify it in your message settings.

Also you might check for a carrier update which will show if you go the Settings >> General >> About.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Aubrey993

OK, tried those solutions with no effect.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Aubrey993 wrote:

Ok thanks Shawn.  I did search the community and confirmed that my phone settings are correct ( as far as I know). Messages - send as SMS is active.  Also Messages - send & receive is set to my phone number.

Hi @Aubrey993,

This might be something to do with your phone (iPhone I assume). Before you contact the Moderators, try the following:

1. In Settings, go to Messages and turn off iMessage. Then, in Settings, go to FaceTime and turn off FaceTime. Finally, reboot your device and enable the two options again.

If the above still does not solve it, then try:

2. Reset your network settings (Settings > General > Reset Network Settings)

Aubrey993

Ok thanks Shawn.  I did search the community and confirmed that my phone settings are correct ( as far as I know). Messages - send as SMS is active.  Also Messages - send & receive is set to my phone number.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Aubrey993 wrote:

I can receive all texts (SMS and MMS). I cannot send SMS.  All other services are working fine (data, phone, etc.). I have an iPhone SE running the latest iOS.

Sorry thought you were havingissues with MMS.  I don't have any experience with iPhone on PM I am sure someone with some suggestions will be along soon.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.