cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can use call and text but I am not be able to use my internet data.

Beatriz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an LG4

Can you help me with that ?  

6 REPLIES 6

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have a LG G4, and I had to do a factory reset when I had my phone.

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Network reset is sufficient.  Factory reset would be using a needlessly large hammer.

@will13am that's why I suggested trying it first, but I'm not 100% sure we know this works on its own in every case.  I thought it was worth mentioning the factory reset should the network reset not resolve the issue.

Anyway, I think they have a separate network reset function so as to avoid the use of the sledgehammer.  I have a friend who uses a G4 on Public Mobile and now Koodo without ever needing to even do a network reset.  Yeah, I know, friends don't let friends us LG G devices. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

Network reset is sufficient.  Factory reset would be using a needlessly large hammer.

@will13am that's why I suggested trying it first, but I'm not 100% sure we know this works on its own in every case.  I thought it was worth mentioning the factory reset should the network reset not resolve the issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@Beatriz wrote:

I have an LG4

@Beatriz was this phone working fine with Public Mobile and the internet stopped working?  Or did you just move over from another provider and the internet has yet to work at all?

If you were an existing customer and the internet stopped working, if a reboot of your phone doesn't resolve it, it usually indicates you've used up your plan data.  You can verify this by singing into your self-serve account and on the overview page, checking if you see your data bucket on the page.  If it's not there, you've used it up.

If you're a new customer, the LG G series unfortunately usuaully requires a factory reset to get the data working again after moving it from one provider to another (and this is not a Public Mobile issue--it's anytime you go from one provider to another) due to an LG quirk/bug.  First though, try a network reset, as sometimes this is enough.  You'll need to re-attach your bluetooth accessories and WiFi networks after, but it's fairly easy to try.  If you need to factory reset, make sure you've backed up anything you want to keep that isn't backed up or synced to a cloud-based service.  LG I believe provides a backup utility to assist in this process.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Beatriz wrote:

I have an LG4

@Beatriz was this phone working fine with Public Mobile and the internet stopped working?  Or did you just move over from another provider and the internet has yet to work at all?

If you were an existing customer and the internet stopped working, if a reboot of your phone doesn't resolve it, it usually indicates you've used up your plan data.  You can verify this by singing into your self-serve account and on the overview page, checking if you see your data bucket on the page.  If it's not there, you've used it up.

If you're a new customer, the LG G series unfortunately usuaully requires a factory reset to get the data working again after moving it from one provider to another (and this is not a Public Mobile issue--it's anytime you go from one provider to another) due to an LG quirk/bug.  First though, try a network reset, as sometimes this is enough.  You'll need to re-attach your bluetooth accessories and WiFi networks after, but it's fairly easy to try.  If you need to factory reset, make sure you've backed up anything you want to keep that isn't backed up or synced to a cloud-based service.  LG I believe provides a backup utility to assist in this process.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.