cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't send any texts! However, I can send and receive calls, and I can receive texts.

monster5000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Everyone!

For some background info, I have a S7 that I just set up with Public Mobile. I finally figured out how to get my LTE set up in my last post, but I have another question for you guys. 

As of today, I can no longer send texts! It was working fine yesterday, but today I cannot get a single text to send. I can, however, send and receive calls, as well as receive texts. 

I tried the sim card in another phone, and I had the same issue. 

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

briancrain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the same thing happened to us. I have a Alcatel and it has been working fine, until 3 days ago. I am receiving texts but cannot send them. Did you find out anything?

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you try reverting the settings you changed to make LTE work? If that changes anything, it could help with debugging the problem

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @monster5000

I'm really sorry to hear about this, 

I checked your account and everything seems to be properly set up. I refreshed your signal in hopes that would work. Could you reboot your phone? 

If the problem persists, could you send me a private message indicating if this issue occurs when texting people with other phone companies, people with Public Mobile, or people with phone numbers from other countries (or all of the above?). 

I'll be awaiting for your response! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

monster5000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@NDesai Textra is the app I currently use. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Have you tried using another app like Messenger or Textra? 

If its the same issue, may be staff member can see if everything is normal on their end. 

Need Help? Let's chat.