cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get past the "Choose a number" screen - Trying to port number from Virgin Mobile - "Oh no!"

saharastreams
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I might save more time and money by throwing the $10 Public Mobile SIM card in the trash and walking away...

I just bought a SIM card from Walmart as instructed.  I've now spent an hour entering all the information in twice. It got to the "Choose a Number" screen twice and it verified my old Virgin Mobile phone number for eligibility. I entered the Virgin Mobile account number and other information as requested. Then the wheel spun and it said it was "Processing" for about 5 to 10 minutes both times before going to the "Oh no! We have a problem!" screen.

Virgin Moblie was informed yesterday that I would be porting the number to Public Mobile. They sent a confirmation email acknowloging that there is a note to that effect on the account. They have kept the number active to ensure that it can be ported.

Hopefully Public Mobile can be as helpful as Virgin has been!

Let's see what happens now!!!

4 REPLIES 4

saharastreams
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Luddite!

I tried starting with a new number and then changing it through self serve and it worked!

Much easier than waiting for the moderator team to get to it : )

@saharastreams   Also we recommend picking a new number when activating and once you're sure everything works right with the Sim card then log in to your new account and port your old number that you want to keep! 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@saharastreams wrote:

I might save more time and money by throwing the $10 Public Mobile SIM card in the trash and walking away...

I just bought a SIM card from Walmart as instructed.  I've now spent an hour entering all the information in twice. It got to the "Choose a Number" screen twice and it verified my old Virgin Mobile phone number for eligibility. I entered the Virgin Mobile account number and other information as requested. Then the wheel spun and it said it was "Processing" for about 5 to 10 minutes both times before going to the "Oh no! We have a problem!" screen.

Virgin Moblie was informed yesterday that I would be porting the number to Public Mobile. They sent a confirmation email acknowloging that there is a note to that effect on the account. They have kept the number active to ensure that it can be ported.

Hopefully Public Mobile can be as helpful as Virgin has been!

Let's see what happens now!!!

@saharastreams  Did you try using your PM sim card in your phone to see if it was activated? Sometimes even if it gives you an error it will be activated.

Another customer also mentioned that they were successfull during the spinning wheel to wait for about 3 minutes then hit the back buttonbefore it errors out. (Apparently the new workaround Smiley Happy)

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@saharastreams Well, you're off to an annoying start with PM. Robot Sad

Suggest you wait an hour before trying to activate  again. This time use incognito mode and choose a new number. Once your account is working properly you can login to your self serve account and transfer the Virgin number. This is the least risky process. My thinking is here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.