cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't choose my city (Terrebonne, QC) when activating my account.

mariesel07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't choose my city (Terrebonne, QC) when activating my account. I have to choose which city I live in but Terrebonne is not within the choices, what should I do?

7 REPLIES 7

Add that to the things for PM to work on!

Cell networks started overlaying landline networks from the Telco point of view and never were envisioned from a DIY point of view for provisioning new accounts so lots of quirky stuff to deal with. Oh well....

AE_Collector

Wouldn’t it be a nice feature to get a variety of numbers to choose from and tells you what city it is based on, by having the new customer give their postal code for selecting a phone number? And of course if you live in Calgary and want a Vancouver number you would use a Vancouver postal code. I too found the number selection process to be a bit unmanageable. 

You just need to find a listed city that is in the same rate centre so that you remain a local call to people in your area who don't have provincial or country wide Calling whether a landline or mobile phone. I am not familiar with your area but I am in Coquitlam, part of Greater Vancouver. There are no Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody numbers available but there ARE New Westminster and Vancouver numbers available which are all in the same rate centre.

A recent new PM customer Couldn’t find a Kamloops BC number. Kamloops has two exchange areas that are called North Kamloops and South Kamloops. While there was no Kamloops or North Kamloops city’s on PMs list, there was South Kamloops listed. Customers had to know to search around a bit more and find South Kamloops on the list.

AE_Collector

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can choose a nearby city but keep in mind whether that number could be long distance for people calling you from landlines, etc. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is probably not available so you would need to choose the next closest city or town.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to PM  @mariesel07  choose one that's near there. Stay safe. 

For your account profile address, you can enter anything you wish. As for phone numbers, you can only choose from available options. Unfortunately, you can only port a phone number in if Public Mobile also offers phone numbers for the same city as the one being ported in.

Need Help? Let's chat.