cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't call or text, but I can receive calls and texts

Cartoty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've had my account active ($15 plan) for 4 hours so far and have encountered some issues. I can receive calls and texts sent to me, but I can't call or text anyone back. When I try to call a number, it says my plan doesn't cover it, it's long distance, etc. Also, my data isn't working at all (should have 250mb available).

I've never encountered an issue with any other provider using my current phone (Huawei P9 Lite). I tried taking out my sim card and resetting my phone with no luck either.

I hope you guys can help 🙂

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Cartoty wrote:

I've had my account active ($15 plan) for 4 hours so far and have encountered some issues. I can receive calls and texts sent to me, but I can't call or text anyone back. When I try to call a number, it says my plan doesn't cover it, it's long distance, etc. Also, my data isn't working at all (should have 250mb available).

I've never encountered an issue with any other provider using my current phone (Huawei P9 Lite). I tried taking out my sim card and resetting my phone with no luck either.

I hope you guys can help 🙂

Thanks

@Cartoty  Go online via selfserve and make sure you have outgoing minutes left on your plan. Also if you have another phone to test the sim card with. If to can make calls/texts then the issue is a settings issue on your phone.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

What does your self serve say? Others are having issues like this today. See if your account is active? If your expiry date is in 1969? And if your money is still showing as a balance?

If so, 

You should consider creating a support ticket. Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment bubble in the bottom right.

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better. Answer his questions until you get to here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team

Need Help? Let's chat.