cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not receive the incoming call

dafa16888
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have activated my sim card yesterday. I got text message from PM said that I need to contact PM to provide the correct password or pin from my previous service provider. My phone can receive the message and call out but can not receive the incoming call now.Please let me know howcan I do.Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

jaguarbass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It can take up to two hours for your phone number to activate.

Wait and then see.  I took my phone 20 minutes and then it rebooted and I was on the network.

@Vinh wrote:

I just active publishmobile sim, but it can not receives incoming call and the caller hears french talk. Pls tell me know How can i solve this issue ?

Is it your voicemail?  What's your phone model? Does it have 850/1900 3G?

Vinh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just active publishmobile sim, but it can not receives incoming call and the caller hears french talk. Pls tell me know How can i solve this issue ?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JackQuint  most Likley the OP will receive a call to the alternate number they provided asking for the porting info.

It happened to me a few months back and the person I talked to said they were trying to call failed port requests. But contacting mods is the route to take on case the call is not received. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JackQuint wrote:

Not sure why PM makes this so difficult. Telus has plenty of customer support reps who could deal with this in minutes. They could certainly stream Mod requests such that things like this get immediate attention.

I get that PM is largely self-serve, but deliberately creating a tech support system that is designed to make you wait days for issues that can only be resolved by the carrier for the express and deliberate purpose of trying to make you upgrade to Koodo (or Telus) shouldn't be tolerated by customers. The very moment this happens with me, I am gone (and not to another Telus brand). If I'm the OP, I'd use what I've paid for and move on to another carrier.

Many times, it's user data entry error. Delays in support are indeed another matter but you're going towards prioritizing requests. I would still stay with first come first served.

I started here a year ago...no problem. I set up a short term account...no problem. I recently activated another line. I even took some extra time in selecting a number (I've never done a port). I used a prepaid card. I set up a referral. I set up autopay. So several places for it to fall apart. It didn't. Everything went perfectly as it should. I don't understand all the troubles many people have.

Porting requires competing companies to work together. But the information HAS to be correct otherwise anyone can take someone else's number. We've been hearing horror stories of SIM swap's. So information provided has to be correct.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not sure why PM makes this so difficult. Telus has plenty of customer support reps who could deal with this in minutes. They could certainly stream Mod requests such that things like this get immediate attention.

I get that PM is largely self-serve, but deliberately creating a tech support system that is designed to make you wait days for issues that can only be resolved by the carrier for the express and deliberate purpose of trying to make you upgrade to Koodo (or Telus) shouldn't be tolerated by customers. The very moment this happens with me, I am gone (and not to another Telus brand). If I'm the OP, I'd use what I've paid for and move on to another carrier.

popping

@dafa16888 

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should send a private message to moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

Send your previious provider account PIN in a private message to moderator complete the port.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

For the time being, use your old SIM until is stops working.  Then, start using your new PM SIM card.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dafa16888 wrote:

I have activated my sim card yesterday. I got text message from PM said that I need to contact PM to provide the correct password or pin from my previous service provider. My phone can receive the message and call out but can not receive the incoming call now.Please let me know howcan I do.Thanks.

@dafa16888  That means that you need to provide Public Mobile  with your PIN number that you had setup with your previous provider in order for the phone transfer to complete. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message including the PIN number and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

mimmo

Hi you need to send a private message to moderator_team with your porting info (ie old account number, and old account name)

if you have your old sim you should be able to use that till the port completes.

Need Help? Let's chat.