cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to activate a new line but getting an error message for "invalid sim".

specialoffers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate a new Sim card i have and getting Invalid Sim error Message. 

I have entered the number correctly and make sure its the right number from the Sim card. 

Please let me know what should i do to solve this problem ? 

13 REPLIES 13

@Triguy wrote:

Check to make sure that your phone is unlocked.  If you had a previous provider then contact them to verify.

The Public Mobile activation website does not know if a phone is unlocked or not. I think that you may have misread the original message.  There's talk about typing in the sim card number, something that's only done when it comes to the Public Mobile account activation.

specialoffers

Actually I bought this card from the mobile shop. Few months ago. But never activated it. 

@specialoffers if PM sold you a bum SIM. The least they can do is give you a credit. So contact them about it. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@specialoffers restart your browser and try to use chrome or edge. go back to the activation page and when you enter the sim, double-check it, then click anywhere on the screen to let the system verify

specialoffers

Thank you so much for your help. 

I will wait for few hours or a day and still have a same issue then unfortunately will buy a new Sim 

gwhitema
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@specialoffers Its a glitch. This happend to me twice. Its really frustrating. Just be patient, clear your cache and cookies. I suggest using Chrome in Intigonto mode. The Sim might lock for 50 minutes so wait and try again. I had to activate one of my SIM cards the next day and it worked without an issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@specialoffers wrote:

I am trying to activate a new Sim card i have and getting Invalid Sim error Message. 

I have entered the number correctly and make sure its the right number from the Sim card. 

Please let me know what should i do to solve this problem ? 

You're typing all numbers right?

@specialoffers  just making sure. It's a brand new sim correct?

@specialoffers if this was the first time you entered the SIM card and you got that message. As long as the number was entered correctly. You may have gotten a sim that was already activated. Contact he moderators about it. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

@specialoffers 

Website can be finicky.  Try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  

If that does not work, it might be a defective SIM card.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check to make sure that your phone is unlocked.  If you had a previous provider then contact them to verify.

specialoffers

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am on the first page of the registration and the invalid SIM message popes up next to where you enter Sim card. So, i wasnt able to reach to the payment page yet. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you pass the payment section?      If yes check if your card was charged.     If it was charged put your sim card in your phone it will likely work.     If it does work and you were charged go to link below to create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged. System locks sim for 50 minutes. Wait one hour, clear internet cookie/history cache open a fresh browser in incongnito mode and try again.     Don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. If you used one and were charged and service works the credit will be applied within 72 hours.     Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

🙂s

Need Help? Let's chat.