cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am new to Public Mobile. How does PM charge me if I overused my plan minutes? Thank you.

leebyk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

9 REPLIES 9

If you have wifi..get a free voip app such as TextNow. You'll get a free Cdn number and you can make free calls to anywhere in US and Canada. As well you can send/receive texts from anywhere. Did I mention that it's free !!

maggamoka
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you have a landline, try to make calls where you might be put on hold, long calls,  from home. That's one of the way I ensure I don't go over 100 minutes. 🙂

telemonster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

By disconnecting you from services before you talk over.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

There are no overage charges @leebyk , as mentioned it whatever feature just stops working. Be it data or minutes. I'm on the $15 plan too. To save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter it followed by #  - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used. 

Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@leebyk , with the exception of the $15 plan, all other plans are unlimited calling.  Your mentioning overuse suggests that you do want to be able to continue to call when the included minutes in the $15 plan is used up.  The Canada long distance add-on is $5 for 500 non expiring minutes.  The implied answer to your question is 1c/minute but only if you decide to buy add-on minutes.  

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @leebyk 

That's right. With PM, you cannot "overuse" your services. You have to prepay and buy the service(s) upfront before you can use them.

To avoid unpleasant end to phone calls (if you have a limited calling plan) or no more mobile data, you can logon your self-serve account at any time to monitor or check your plan usage.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@leebyk  Public Mobile does not charge extra for anything. If your minutes or data runs out it just stops working until you renew your plan or purchase add-ons.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@leebyk It won't because PM is prepaid. You simply can't make a call when run out of mins.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@leebyk hi public mobile is a prepaid service, you can't go over your prepaid plan. you won't get charged extra. once your mins are used you would need to purchase an add-on

Need Help? Let's chat.