Did you mean: 

I am having a problem making local calls from my phone

Anndeecobb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

11 REPLIES 11

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Anndeecobb 

What happens when you try to make a call? What does the message say?

Try manually entering the 10 digits on your dialer and pressing send/talk. Does it work?

If the problem is happening with every call, then you should check your account status and if you have a limited calling plan, whether you have calling minutes.

You can also call 611 to hear the status of your account.

@gblackma wrote:

@Anndeecobb  by adding a 1 in front of the number that would solve the problem.

FYI Its the second set of numbers that determine whether your number is local or not. Ie xxx yyy xxxx. Please check the CNAC website to check if your number is local or not http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm . Personally, I would leave it amd dial 1 + 10 digit number and save it in my contacts. If it bothers you, you can change your number to the desired local area code once each 30 day cycle through your self service account.

Changing the phone number of the account making the outgoing calls won't change if a call is long distance or not for cellular service. The number that the outgoing caller has is irrelevant. For outgoing calls, only the location where the calls is being placed is compared to the destination number.

Example: a Public Mobile customer with a Vancouver phone number making a call while in Toronto to a Toronto phone number would result in a local call and there would be no "long distance charges may apply message".  That's true of any carrier, even if the plan doesn't include provincial or Canada-wide calling.

@Anndeecobb 

you need to give a littlw more info, dis you just start with PM. Did it work before? is your self serve account suspended? Did you use up your minutes???

@Anndeecobb Make sure that you have enough mins left if you are on 15$ plan. Add +1 in front of the number you call.

What plan are you on?

What is your status?

Do you obit get the message that long distance charges may apply? What happens when you wait? Does it disconnect or does it go through?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Anndeecobb  by adding a 1 in front of the number that would solve the problem.

FYI Its the second set of numbers that determine whether your number is local or not. Ie xxx yyy xxxx. Please check the CNAC website to check if your number is local or not http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm . Personally, I would leave it amd dial 1 + 10 digit number and save it in my contacts. If it bothers you, you can change your number to the desired local area code once each 30 day cycle through your self service account.

@Anndeecobb Hi you already posted this there’s no need to post it again what we really need is a little more information on your issue so we can help you with your problem

Anndeecobb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Anndeecobb Ignore any messages you hear and see of the call connects.

If you have the $10 or $15 plan, login to your account and confirm you do have minutes remaining.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Anndeecobb  what do you mean by problem? Thanks. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.