cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting too many email notifications

Daphne1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I unfollow a community post? I replied to a community announcement post and inadvertently clicked reply without looking. Weil I don’t want to see all those replies.  Smiley Sad

7 REPLIES 7

I never did understand the need or desire to receive e-mail notifications.  At least for me, I've had them all turned off from the very start.  Simply put, the defaults settings will automatically subscribe you to any thread that your participate in. I'd much rather not know about every time someone posts or edits a message.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SD08 awesome guide!  I am totally bookmarking https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/I-am-getting-too-many-email-notificat... as THE guide to unsubscribing from a topic and turning off the default subscription-upon-post setting.  Nicely done.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Daphne1 wrote:

Can I unfollow a community post? I replied to a community announcement post and inadvertently clicked reply without looking. Weil I don’t want to see all those replies.  Smiley Sad

@Daphne1 

If you mostly want to stop e-mail notifications from a specific topic because it's a particularly active thread, you could unsubscribe from that topic only.  This method would be useful in the case where you still want to receive notices in general but not from that active topic.  To do this, go to that topic page and click the "Topic Options" menu at the top and then click "Unsubscribe" from the resulting drop-down menu.

PMC_UnsubscribeFromTopic.jpg

However, if one wishes to limit e-mails to notifications for private messages only, here's how:

(Note: The following links are only accessible when logged in to community.  Remember to click "Save" after making changes on any of those pages.)

1) Make sure the box is checked ON (checkmarked) for email notices for private messages here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences:private-messe...

2) Make sure the box is checked OFF (blank) for "Don't send me any community emails" here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:email

3) All other settings should be checked OFF (blank) or set to "never" here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:notificatio...

@Anonymous wrote:

@Daphne1 wrote:

Click on that little avatar icon in the upper right area and then click on My settings and you'll find all kinds of things to set. I agree, I only have emails set for private messages.

I don't know about @Daphne1 , but that's exactly the settings I needed to limit the unwanted notifications I recieve. Thanks @Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Daphne1 wrote:

Click on that little avatar icon in the upper right area and then click on My settings and you'll find all kinds of things to set. I agree, I only have emails set for private messages.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Daphne1 wrote:

@Daphne1 You have to uncheck the "Email me when someone replies" at the time you reply to a message. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

That's a great question that I'm interested in too. Glad you brought it up.

Need Help? Let's chat.