cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I activated my plan on my phone, But it is not working

Jacob_c
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just activated my new plan, everything seemed to be going well while activating my SIM card, but when I put it into my phone, It still seems as if I didnt put anything in it. Please help

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@juliannelavigne you've replied to a thread that was from > 1.5 years ago.  I'm pretty sure they've already resolved this, or moved on.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

juliannelavigne

It could be your phone that not working.

Two options:

1.Check if your phone is compatible with public mobile ( it may be locked with other carriers)

2. Go to a phone store and have the people there check out the SIM card and where it is placed in your phone. 

juliannelavigne

It could be your phone that not working.

Two options:

1.Check if your phone is compatible with public mobile ( it may be locked with other carriers)

2. Go to a phone store and have the people there check out the SIM card and where it is placed in your phone. 

srlawren

@Jacob_c you've received a number of responses here with some follow up questions and things to check or try.  Please give us an update when you have a moment, with anything you've tried from the above, and if you're still having issues then answers to the questions asked and we will try to help further.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

Hi,

I woudl do teh following

1) try logging into selfserve and make sure your plan got activated.  

2) try sim in a different phone (if it works then its phone issue)

Also what happend when you try to call out?  teh other day when i dad an activation issues i tried calling out and it said calling was not part of my plan

Also what phone are you using?  what network was it on before? 

imm1304

Hi @Jacob_c!

You say that it seems like you didn't put anything in when you put the sim in your phone.

Does that mean the phone says "No service"?  Or does the status bar display icon or words along the lines of 'No SIM"?  

If it says No service, problem is likely that the sim card entered has not been activated properly.  

If you have access to your selfserve account, go to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

In selfserve, click on "Plans and Add-ons" tab.  Then click on "Chnage sim" tab.  Re-enter your sim card's serial number and double check.  Update to save changes.  Now reboot your phone with the sim card in and test.  

If that didn't help, you will need to send the mods a private message with the sim card's serial number and the public mobile phone number you just activated (if available).  

If your phone's status bar is showing the no sim icon or words "No SIM", then it may be a hardware issue.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Is the phone connecting to the network?  Are you able to make an outbound call or SMS?  The APN settings as suggested affect data, but calls and SMS should be possible even if there is no APN setting, as long as there is a network connection.  If a network connection is not happening, then it is likely you've encountered a major activation related error. You will need the help of a moderator to resolve this issue. The moderator team can be reached via private message. Refer to the following links for information on private messaging and how to contact a moderator.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

domenicocortez
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Jacob_c

It was unlocked, and I checked my IEM number again, and it said It should worked. So I dont know whats going on. Also a brand new activation

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire
Can you clarify a little bit what is wrong?

Your is unlocked correct? Or at least locked to the Telus network?

We're you a port or brand new activation?
Need Help? Let's chat.