cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I activated my SIM card today and paid the plan, but I cannot receive any call or text

mtlbelle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried with 3 different phones. With the new SIM card activated, I can call out, but when calling in, my phone even doesn't ring and no incoming call shows. People who are calling in can hear the ring and then are directed to voicemail. No text can be received either.

Help please! My fist day with Public Mobile.

Thank you!

22 REPLIES 22

mtlbelle

funny story. the phone number PM gave to me belongs to somee else with another phone company. the person called me back saying she received a lot of calls from my home number because i tried so many times to call my assigned new number. At the end, i knew why i could not receive any calls. now, i changed the phone number, it finally worked. Guess what, all this, i had to figure it myself. Bravo to myself!

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Post deleted

mtlbelle

i would say why me? why let me wait so long? I hope eventually it can be fixed. I  feel no one is working to resolve my problem. paid for a new sim for nothing.

mtlbelle

for me, it is a brand new phone number, not a porting no. at all.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mtlbelle wrote:

a moderator said she submitted a ticket. but it has been over 24 hours, no news at all. it has been 32hours after i activated the new sim card. i don't know if i am the only one who experienced it or everyone has the same issue for the first day or week. but it is time consuming dealing with this trouble. As a new customer, a bad experience.

@mtlbelle Welcome to PM! Sorry to hear about your experience. Normally porting may take up to 2 days to complete. You may have a wait for a bit longer. 

@mtlbelle wrote:

a moderator said she submitted a ticket. but it has been over 24 hours, no news at all. it has been 32hours after i activated the new sim card. i don't know if i am the only one who experienced it or everyone has the same issue for the first day or week. but it is time consuming dealing with this trouble. As a new customer, a bad experience.

I could understand your frustration...no it's not the case for everybody. And after that hopefully you will be all settled!!

mtlbelle

@mtlbelle wrote:

i still can not receive phone calls or txt messages. i tried to suspend and resum the service under lost and found phones, it doesn't help.

The moderator didn't answer your message yet? Can you see on the little envelopp right up on this page a little 1 in red?

mtlbelle

i still can not receive phone calls or txt messages. i tried to suspend and resum the service under lost and found phones, it doesn't help.

mtlbelle

have a lot of back and forth with moderator, still not working.

@mtlbelle wrote:

send my messages to moderator team, waiting for them to resolve the issue. don't know if this can be resolved today. If not, can I return the SIM card and ask for a refund?

You are close to have your phone ready...and for the refund only moderator can do something with that..public mobile it's prepaid.

blessme4k
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They will just issue you a new number probably.

mtlbelle

send my messages to moderator team, waiting for them to resolve the issue. don't know if this can be resolved today. If not, can I return the SIM card and ask for a refund?

@mtlbelle, if you've already set up your self-serve (My Account), you can try marking your phone as lost for 5 minutes, then reactivating the service.

This *might* kick start and reprovision your plan to your sim.

@mtlbelle wrote:

it is over two hours now.

@mtlbelle  If you chose a new number and incomming is not working after over 2 hours

I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message.

steff12321

Someone else seems to be having the same problem at the moment. It is possible the issue is on Public Mobile's end. I would suggest contacting the @CS_Agent for assistance. 

Tiprix

Contact the moderator, https://bit.ly/2CDoc2k. Send a private message and explain the situation.

mtlbelle

it is over two hours now.

Tiprix

Wait for about 2 hours and see if anything changes.  If nothing changes contact the moderator.

mtlbelle

I chose a new phone number, not a porting number. Still not working.

Tiprix

@mtlbelle wrote:

I tried with 3 different phones. With the new SIM card activated, I can call out, but when calling in, my phone even doesn't ring and no incoming call shows. People who are calling in can hear the ring and then are directed to voicemail. No text can be received either.

Help please! My fist day with Public Mobile.

Thank you!

Welcome!  If you are porting a phone number it takes about 2 hours.  Should the problem  persist you can contact the moderator,  https://bit.ly/2CDoc2k.

steff12321

When calling out what is the phone number displayed on caller ID? 

Are you porting in your number? How long has it been? 

You should receive a text message confirming port in is successful, if you are trying to port from another provider. 

Need Help? Let's chat.