cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I Can't Receive Any Texts or Calls From People

Hi, I think I might have a porting problem when I transfered to PM. I can call people fine and with good call quality and the data connection is also good but when I try to text any other phone or when anyone tries to text or call me, I don't receive the texts and all the calls go to voicemail and doesn't notift me about it. Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Retraité / Retired

Re: I Can't Receive Any Texts or Calls From People

Hello @Chris1223

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about the porting glitch, I will be glad to look into this for you. 

Can you please send me your Public Mobile phone number via private message?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Chris1223;

Sounds like your port didn't complete fully. Best thing to do is have one of the moderators take a look at your account, they can help complete your port if stuck. One will be back online in the morning, they will need you to private message them some of your account info. @Shazia_K @Mary_M

Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Geat advice as always by @JaK This should be an easy fix for @Shazia_K in the morning. @Chris1233 welcome to the PM family 🙂 and please keep us updated on your situation.

Retraité / Retired

Hello @Chris1223

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about the porting glitch, I will be glad to look into this for you. 

Can you please send me your Public Mobile phone number via private message?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

View solution in original post

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why does this not WORKKKKK..!!!!!!

Mayor / Maire

@Jpayne3 wrote:

Why does this not WORKKKKK..!!!!!!

@Jpayne3  Because you probably ported your number from your previous provider and the port hasn't completed yet.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How long will this take i can receive messages from a koodo network but not rogers or virgin..

Mayor / Maire

@Jpayne3 wrote:

How long will this take i can receive messages from a koodo network but not rogers or virgin..

@Jpayne3  Between 4 to 28 hours if your porting from Rogers or Fido.

Oracle

@geopublic  I thought cel to cell should be max 2 hours where does the 4-28 hours come from?

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@geopublic  I thought cel to cell should be max 2 hours where does the 4-28 hours come from?

@mimmo  From other customers that ported from Fido in the past and have repeatedly mentioned that it has taken more than 24 hours to complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.