cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can't Receive Any Texts or Calls From People

Chris1223
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I think I might have a porting problem when I transfered to PM. I can call people fine and with good call quality and the data connection is also good but when I try to text any other phone or when anyone tries to text or call me, I don't receive the texts and all the calls go to voicemail and doesn't notift me about it. Please help!

14 REPLIES 14

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Whenever i recommend PM, i tell them to start porting on Monday morning in case they need to contact real people to solve problems.

I may be wrong but i think the worse is to port on a Friday evening!

I dont know PM operating hours, but I am sure there is a human being somewhere on the other side. 

@Crazy123monkeys hi there!  Did you just port your number from another provider? 

If you are porting your number into Public Mobile, for additional security, your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.

If you have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will send you an SMS with instructions on how to re-initiate the transfer by calling our Porting team.

The SMS will read as follows:

Public Mobile Msg: The request to move your phone number to Public Mobile has timed out. Don't worry, you can easily re-initiate the transfer. Please call our Porting Team at 1-** to authorize your number transfer.

Please call our Porting Team at **

Tips:

• Keep the old account's device on with the SIM card inside to receive the validation message. If that’s not possible, please ensure you can access the SIM from a different device.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folders.

@Crazy123monkeys 

Can you give us more details? 

Did you just port your number? The porting process takes a few hours to complete.  You can use your old sim card until the port is complete.

Crazy123monkeys
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Jpayne3If you are porting from a Koodo network, If it is postpaid then it will be quick.. a few hours.. but if it is prepaid that would require moderator's intervention, you will need to send them a note telling them you are porting a n....

@mimmo wrote:

@geopublic  I thought cel to cell should be max 2 hours where does the 4-28 hours come from?

@mimmo  From other customers that ported from Fido in the past and have repeatedly mentioned that it has taken more than 24 hours to complete.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic  I thought cel to cell should be max 2 hours where does the 4-28 hours come from?

@Jpayne3 wrote:

How long will this take i can receive messages from a koodo network but not rogers or virgin..

@Jpayne3  Between 4 to 28 hours if your porting from Rogers or Fido.

Jpayne3

How long will this take i can receive messages from a koodo network but not rogers or virgin..

@Jpayne3 wrote:

Why does this not WORKKKKK..!!!!!!

@Jpayne3  Because you probably ported your number from your previous provider and the port hasn't completed yet.

Jpayne3

Why does this not WORKKKKK..!!!!!!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Chris1223

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about the porting glitch, I will be glad to look into this for you. 

Can you please send me your Public Mobile phone number via private message?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Geat advice as always by @JaK This should be an easy fix for @Shazia_K in the morning. @Chris1233 welcome to the PM family 🙂 and please keep us updated on your situation.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Chris1223;

Sounds like your port didn't complete fully. Best thing to do is have one of the moderators take a look at your account, they can help complete your port if stuck. One will be back online in the morning, they will need you to private message them some of your account info. @Shazia_K @Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.