cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hung Port - A Week

kpantaleo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I convinced my husband to join Public Mobile and he inserted his new SIM card into a new phone last Tues. When it hadn't switched over by Thurs, he contacted a moderator. They are apparently "looking into it" but his new phone STILL hasn't switched over. Any ideas? He's been paying for 2 plans for a week now. It took less than an hour when I switched over from the same network!

13 REPLIES 13

@kpantaleo My experience with corporate plans (admittedly at a larger sized company is like this).. the company basically "owns" the numbers.. they won't let say Sales person take the number with them when they leave because they are afraid that the customers will go with the number. In situations like those, the carrier won't allow the release of the number until they get the authorization from the account holder.

@kpantaleoYour husband will have to go to Plan and Add Ons page to transfer his number, if he hasn't started the port yet..

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

kpantaleo

Yes, everything is still working on his old Telus phone. Public Mobile has yet to show up in the top corner of his new iPhone but his online account is activated and he got a text message on his old phone welcoming his to PM. So I guess it isn't a hung port but rather one that hasn't started! He sent another message to a moderator today so hopefully he hears back tomorrow. 

kpantaleo

Yes, he is under a corporate plan through Telus! Maybe that is the hold up? Although I was on that same corporate plan before switching to PM and had no issue porting. 

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Since you’re porting from Telus, you have to wait, but you will not be double charged. Upon completion of porting, request Telus to refund the potion you got double charged. 

@kpantaleo wrote:

Yes, it was Telus (who I believe owns PM?) I'll get him to fire off another message. Thanks!

Does he still have his telus Sim? Put it in his phone and see if it is still working. Partially working may indicate that the port is started, but not completed. If everything is working on his Telus sim it may indicate the port hasn't started???

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kpantaleo I don't know if it was mentioned before but he can use his old sim in the interim

@kpantaleo is your husband's phone number under some kind of corporate plan / organization? If so it will require who ever is administering the phones for that organisation to release the number.

kpantaleo

Yes, it was Telus (who I believe owns PM?) I'll get him to fire off another message. Thanks!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kpantaleo wrote:

I convinced my husband to join Public Mobile and he inserted his new SIM card into a new phone last Tues. When it hadn't switched over by Thurs, he contacted a moderator. They are apparently "looking into it" but his new phone STILL hasn't switched over. Any ideas? He's been paying for 2 plans for a week now. It took less than an hour when I switched over from the same network!

@kpantaleo Nothing you can do but wait for the moderator team to respond. Your husband should check the envelope icon for a red dot thst would signify a response by the moderator. A week is s long timr to wait.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

For reference, I ported 4 Telus Phones last month, two of them went , one of them went in an hour and one took about 36 hours with moderator help, I believe.

After 5 days though, I should think it would be completed under almost all conditions. Some people say you shouldn't re:message the Mods, but I would in this case, and I'd be asking for an adjustment to my account. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kpantaleo- it is unusual for a port from another cell provider to take that long.  If you have provided the necessary information, then something is wrong.  The port WAS from another cell carrier, right?  Land line & VOIP line transfers do take longer.

If it has been several days since you have heard from the moderator, then you might want to reply back and ask for a status update.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kpantaleo yes unfortunately you are at their mercy hopefully soon I would be sending them another message for an update reply to the same message they sent you

Need Help? Let's chat.