cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Problem Activating with PM

mlsteam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey All,

I bought a SIM with the intention of porting my number from TELUS. I went through the entire activation process, including entering my credit card details and submitting, whereafter I got an error that said "oops". The PM SIM now reads as invalid when I try the process again, the charge made it to my credit card and the PM SIM card does not work when inserted in my phone (Unregistered SIM). When I try to sign in to Self Serve, it is unssuccessful and has no history of my email address.

This all happened on Friday, so I messaged the mods and decided to wait patiently, however as of Monday morning, my TELUS SIM is no longer working and my cell number is out of service. 

I am at a loss right now and regretting my decision to try to switch to PM. I'm not sure who to call or what to do. I appreciate any help or guidance!

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ksoosiah wrote:

@phonemancan I'm in the same boat as you. Joined Dec 31st and still experiencing the exact same issues as you. Privately messaged Mods last Thursday, and they finally responded yesterday. Hopefully issues are resolved very soon because this sucks.

I am still wating, and it's been the fifth day of the wait.

ksoosiah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@phonemancan I'm in the same boat as you. Joined Dec 31st and still experiencing the exact same issues as you. Privately messaged Mods last Thursday, and they finally responded yesterday. Hopefully issues are resolved very soon because this sucks.

phonemancan

Well, another day has passed with absolutely no contact from the Mod Team (No acknowledgement of my issue nor any reply about how or when I can expect my PM service to be up and operating). I should note that Telus Communications is the parent of Public Mobility, Koodo and Telus International. The Telus corporate culture puts a very strong emphasis on "customer service". Inline with this philosophy, Telus has added two new companies to its stable with the purchase of VoxPro and Xavient. Both entities focus on value-added customer service offerings. Unfortunately, none of these two company's expertise or corporate cultures seems to be available to the Public Mobility team so that PM can improve its customer service. Below are parts of  "Press Releases" about these Telus accquisitions. Too bad we can't say the same about Public Mobilty. (Note: The bold type and Italics were added by me...not Telus.)

About Xavient

Formerly known as Xavient Information Systems Inc. founded in 2002, Xavient Digital – powered by TELUS International is a US-based provider of digital IT solutions and software services. Headquartered in California, the company has offices throughout the United States and an international network of delivery centers, primarily in India and Canada. Xavient Digital leverages its global footprint to deploy the best talent, time to market and cost optimization benefits for its customers. The company provides value-added consulting to align businesses and position IT as an enabler of business.

Xavient's core competency are its services to the telecom industry with strength and capability in industries viz. information, media and entertainment, banking, capital markets, insurance, healthcare, manufacturing & logistics, new technologies, pharmaceuticals & life sciences and retail & hospitality.

About VoxPro

The Voxpro – powered by TELUS International story: how, where and why it all started.

Voxpro Co-Founders, Dan and Linda Kiely, set out to completely redefine the BPO industry. Too many brands were viewing customer contacts as a necessary cost, instead of an opportunity. Voxpro ripped up the script.

The most innovative companies were beginning to realise that customers are their most precious asset; take care of them, and they’ll take care of you. Voxpro started to partner exclusively with these companies, and provide their customers with a ‘beautiful’ experience at every single contact.

Today, Voxpro is the partner-of-choice for the world’s most highly innovative and rapidly scaling technology companies in spaces like Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, SaaS and IoT.  We have scaled alongside our partners, providing an ever-growing range of solutions, including Customer Experience, Technical Support, Trust and Safety, Sales Funnel Management and the full spectrum of augmented services.

In 2017 the company reached a major milestone, forming a partnership with global Canadian BPO, TELUS International. This partnership has poured rocket fuel on our operations, allowing us to offer more solutions, locations and expertise than ever before.

The  ‘Voxpro – powered by TELUS International’  story continues.

Voxpro and TELUS International – better together.

Wow, what a concept...customer service. @CS_Agent 

eppler70

Since Dec 31st? That’s crazy, perhaps a moderator could chime in and let us know if there’s  a problem and give us a realistic time frame or let us know what’s going on. 

mike7095sk

Wow that's harsh. I hope it gets sorted out soon. 

phonemancan

I have a similar situation however, the 2-3 day response for a reply from the Mod Team isn't anywhere near correct. I activated my PM account and SIM on December 31st. Telus informed me that the number was ported on January 2nd. I have sent 5 private messages over 5 days and still don't have any acknowledgement or a reply from the Mod Team. My friends tell me they also get a "number not in service" message when trying to phone me. This is extremely poor service. PM needs to adress this lack of customer service immediately! @CS_Agent

eppler70

Exact same issue and waiting on a resolution. Hoping it resolves quickly for all of us in this boat.

day 7 and I’m working now! Cheers and hope this is the only hiccup

mike7095sk

If you have access to wifi there are many free apps that give you a free number. You can  Call aand get calls  and text from them and in most of Canada get a local number.  If your allowed to post the name of the apps. I can tell you the name of it. 

hzmy

Right, that's what I have experienced.

mlsteam

Ok, as long as my number will be safe. So I may just have to wait with no cell number for a few days?

hzmy

@mlsteam wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, I did, however as my number is now out of service I cannot receive the 6 character code required to create the account.

Even if I didn't successfully set up the account, shouldn't the PM SIM card work if it activated successfully?

I'm mostly worried about losing my number at this point. I think I will temporarily reactivate with Telus until I hear back from the mods. 

So, what ends up happened is, you have a semi-ported status with PM.

PM is having some issue fully ported your number.

But one thing you don't have to worry is you will not lose your number.

I was worring about that, but after the port is done, you should be fine.

You can ask Telus if you number can be ported back, but I am not sure if that would worsen the situation, since you are trying to port over an unfinished port.

mlsteam

Thanks for the suggestion, I did, however as my number is now out of service I cannot receive the 6 character code required to create the account.

Even if I didn't successfully set up the account, shouldn't the PM SIM card work if it activated successfully?

I'm mostly worried about losing my number at this point. I think I will temporarily reactivate with Telus until I hear back from the mods. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Since registering have you gone to My Account and selected Create An Account to create your self-serve account? It's independant from your community account.

hzmy

@mlsteam wrote:

Hey All,

I bought a SIM with the intention of porting my number from TELUS. I went through the entire activation process, including entering my credit card details and submitting, whereafter I got an error that said "oops". The PM SIM now reads as invalid when I try the process again, the charge made it to my credit card and the PM SIM card does not work when inserted in my phone (Unregistered SIM). When I try to sign in to Self Serve, it is unssuccessful and has no history of my email address.

This all happened on Friday, so I messaged the mods and decided to wait patiently, however as of Monday morning, my TELUS SIM is no longer working and my cell number is out of service. 

I am at a loss right now and regretting my decision to try to switch to PM. I'm not sure who to call or what to do. I appreciate any help or guidance!

Thanks!

What you can do now, is to wait. 

For now, the turnaround time is about 2-3 days for the mod to reply.

You are not the only one having the issue. 

There have been mulitple reports, including myself, experiencing the same issue.

If you can't wait, what you can do is to buy a temp SIM card from a different carrier with a different number and make through your days. This is what I am doing right now.

Once again, sorry to see this, but trust me, there are quite a few reports since end of December already.

Need Help? Let's chat.