cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use my 3G data plan? IPhoneX

Register_now
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I need help getting my data plan working. Top of my iPhone does show 3G but when I try to surf it pops up with an error saying please connect to wifi or data plan.... 

Going to Setting -> cellular -> cellist data network only gives me options for APN and username and password and nothing else. 

please help

18 REPLIES 18

Cody7harrison
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had to go into my network operator setting and change it from my previous phone company to public mobile.

Register_now

I will.

I just followed the other thread you linked to and downloaded the config file(?). Then installed it on my phone and after that it magically started working. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Register_now wrote:

z10user4 you are awesome!! 

I got it working!! I followed the thread you linked to and I got it working!! 

Thank you for your help and everyone else you helped me out!! 

Well...thanks...CalgaryBen is the awesome one. Please go back there and give him a bravo.

I agree...what, of all the possibilities, got it working?

@Register_now wrote:

What exactly solved the problem? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Register_now

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Register_now wrote:

No it’s not a new account, been with public mobile for sometime now.  Texting and calling works fine. Only the data doesn’t seem to work 

Tried resetting network setting but that didn’t do anything. Tried toggling airplane mode on/off and no change. 

How about a VPN?

Are you sure the overview page data & add-ons shows your data counter?

You should also be able to select LTE somewhere...not just 3G. The fact that 3G is showing up top makes me wonder this.

Edit: this thread has everything you should need to find the source of the problem.

@Register_now try connecting to your apple/itunes account and download any updates

Register_now

No it’s not a new account, been with public mobile for sometime now.  Texting and calling works fine. Only the data doesn’t seem to work 

Tried resetting network setting but that didn’t do anything. Tried toggling airplane mode on/off and no change. 

@Register_now 

As suggested above, network reset is one option.  Also, maybe try to toggle airplane mode on and then off.  

@Register_now ok does anything work did you just activate your account any info may help! are you getting any messages?

Register_now

No it’s not a new phone. I’ve had this phone for awhile now. 

@Register_now hi we need a little more info I see your new is anything working is it a new phone they usually connect right away  you may need a network reset

Register_now

Register_now

I have tried turing the phone on and off. I also tried resetting my phone and they did not work.

Everything else works fine. Only thing that does not work is the data plan. I checked my account online and I have used 0GB for this month. 

In the APN setting I only have the fields for APN, username, and password slot only. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Register_now , your phone should be able to apply the right APN settings.  You can check them against the following.  Change it as needed.  

Refer to the following knowledge base link of setting up the APN. 

APN Settings:
Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Register_now  Hi does anything work? can you make calls, text? is it a new plan/cycle

GR
Mayor / Maire

Can it be that you have no data left on your account? 

KatGurl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you tried turning the phone off and on again? I know that seems very simple, but sometimes that is needed for it to connect properly.

Need Help? Let's chat.