cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use it

YUKI
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm using an iPhone XR SIM-free mobile phone and the mobile number has arrived, but I don't know the meaning of APN, and I can use a SIM card. please tell me

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@YUKI , this is a wiki on APN.  Basically, it is pretty much like login information for the mobile network.  Generally, if the carriers did not butcher the APN settings file on the phone, this whole thing is transparent to the user.  Luckily for Apple products, carriers are not allowed to touch.  So you should be able to just connect or at worst do a network reset and let the phone software do all the heavy lifting.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access_Point_Name

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@YUKI wrote:

I'm using an iPhone XR SIM-free mobile phone and the mobile number has arrived, but I don't know the meaning of APN, and I can use a SIM card. please tell me

I think you mean UNLOCKED when you say sim free. Which means the phone is unlocked to use any cell phone providers sim card.

There's a sim card slot on your phone that you have to out your Public Mobile SIM card in.

Do you have a public mobile sim card?

Did you create an account and a plan?

If you did and have sim card in what works in your phone and what does not?

You mentioned APN which is data and MMS.

So if you have a public mobile sim card does calling incoming and outgoing work?

Does text Incoming / outgoing work?

Does data work?

Did you get a new number or did you port your number from another provider? Which provider? And when did you port your number?

More details you can provide the more it will be useful to community members to assist you with your issue.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@YUKISince you are using an iPhone XR, you don't need to worry about APN. It should be automatic if you go under Settings -> General -> About if you see Public Mobile in carrier info you should be good to go.

Carrier info iOSCarrier info iOS

Need Help? Let's chat.