cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn on Telus' anonymous call block?

toni2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, I am assuming Public mobile does not have an anonymous call block feature. BUT, Telus does, and Public is owned by Telus. See the list here of call block features https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/telemarketing/solutions.htm

So, how do I turn on this service for call blocking? I keep getting calls that start with a V. Or, does Public have any other option to turn on call blocking from spam?

And no, I am not installing any 3rd party apps nor will I use Lenny.

5 REPLIES 5

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @toni2 

unfortunately public mobile does not have all the features that Telus has. We are just using the same towers as Telus. Trust me I have a list of features that I wish we had here at public mobile for example Wi-Fi calling.  Things here at Public Mobile move extremely slow.

smitty267
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Best bet is to use keep blocking those numbers and use your phones built in spam identifier function if it has one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@toni2 : Last I heard, all providers are required to block incorrect numbers. If you're getting those V numbers then this place is not complying.

Then more recently there might be some news about spoofed numbers.

Call Block is not here though.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@toni2 you knew Leny..so I guess you did some research here already

Yes, Telus owns PM.. but PM does not get every bell and whistles Telus has

As far as I know, there is no anonymous call block feature with PM.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@toni2 

no option just ignore and delete and blocking...and never call back to number you don't know..

Need Help? Let's chat.