cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer your existing phone number from Koodo Prepaid

khandekarshrini
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I bought a new Public Mobile SIM and I want to transfer my existing Koodo Prepaid number to Public Mobile. I activated the Public Mobile SIM and I'm blocked now, as I'm unaware of the further steps. Not sure how to get in touch with the PM Moderator/Customer Support. 
Please guide me with the further steps

15 REPLIES 15

@esjliv....zzzingggggg !  🤠

@CountyDownIeUk, was that a shot at me? 🤔

@khandekarshrini wrote:

So finally I was able to create a ticket, what is the next step? It's being a while I created a ticket. My ticket reference number is (Ticket reference number: 211509-901) 

@khandekarshrini   How long has it been?  Normally customer support response is within couple of hours, although it can take upto 48+ hours if they're dealing with a backlog of issues and tickets.  

Keep checking the envelope icon next to your avatar top right for their response for now.

khandekarshrini

So finally I was able to create a ticket, what is the next step? It's being a while I created a ticket. My ticket reference number is (Ticket reference number: 211509-901) 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@esjliv 

Like I said....

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 7.48.22 PM.jpg

And includes a click here!!!

@CountyDownIeUk  - 

That link still gets to the ticketing service with CSA:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1n1cSZTrFJ0Ex4271Ea...

...which was also included my first post.

But, Fair enough!

I get why you posted about going to the "Change Number" option on self serve, since it loops back to SIMbot.

👍

@esjliv   I wonder if that link has always been there or if it's been added more recently...  Good to know though.

Wow. I don’t know why some have to contradict when they don't know  the facts of a post.  

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@esjliv 

Like I said....

@CountyDownIeUk  - 

That link still gets to the ticketing service with CSA:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1n1cSZTrFJ0Ex4271Ea...

...which was also included my first post.

But, Fair enough!

I get why you posted about going to the "Change Number" option on self serve, since it loops back to SIMbot.

👍

@khandekarshrini wrote:

How can I connect with the customer care agent?

@khandekarshrini  there is no number to call for customer service here at Public Mobile.

All support is online.

You can submit tickets to Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

We are all customers, like you, here on the Community. We do not have access to your account, but CSAs do,

khandekarshrini

How can I connect with the customer care agent?

@esjliv 

Like I said....

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@khandekarshrini wrote:

Hi, 

I bought a new Public Mobile SIM and I want to transfer my existing Koodo Prepaid number to Public Mobile. I activated the Public Mobile SIM and I'm blocked now, as I'm unaware of the further steps. Not sure how to get in touch with the PM Moderator/Customer Support. 

Begin the "change number" process....it will tell you. 

@CountyDownIeUk  

Yes, the Change Number area where customers can change numbers, or port in from other providers can work for many porting/transferring numbers; BUT, Koodo Prepaid is unique in that you need Customer Support Agents assistance for particular case.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@khandekarshrini wrote:

Hi, 

Begin the "change number" process....it will tell you. 

@khandekarshrini 

Try hitting that "click here to submit a ticket" link in blue.

OR, if this is causing you issues, you can also submit a ticket this way:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

khandekarshrini

How to reach the Customer Support  Agent/Team? I'm unable to reach them through SIMon. the chatbot is asking me to go to that link and create a ticket, after clicking on the link it takes me to the account. Not sure how to create or raise a ticket?

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 7.19.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-19 at 7.21.12 PM.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@khandekarshrini wrote:

Hi, 

@khandekarshrini 

If you wish to transfer an existing number from Koodo Prepaid, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agent (CSA) team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.