cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track your SIM card order?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Recently, i made a new discovery that allows you to track your sim order package. As we all know, sim cards are shipped by Xpresspost and they should have tracking number, but Public Mobile does not give you the tracking details.

So the following is a very simple method to track your sim card order:

• Go to Canada post tracking web page: https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/home
  • Enter the order number as the tracking/reference number in the box
  • Order number is sent on your email when you place an order. Please wait until you get the shipping confirmation before tracking your package. 
  • Click on the Track button and it will ask you to enter your postal code associated with your order. You will be asked for your postal code only if dulicate reference numbers are found in their system. 

track.png

Edit: Updated on Mar 2nd 2019. 

Canada post made a change to their website and the tracking tool was also changed. I have updated this short guide to reflect the change. 

17 REPLIES 17

@skylines wrote:

I used the Public Mobile traking number and my postal code and it found nothing. I think the tracking number they are looking for is the Canada Post tracking number, which Public Mobile does not give you when they say the order was shipped. They current method of informing clients that their item has been shipped is not helpful if the item never arrives.

This is a very old thread. The mentioned method did used to work for all SIM card orders. However, over the years, things have changed.  Public Mobile does not always use Canada Post and doesn't even always ship using a a service that provides a tracking number. 

skylines
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used the Public Mobile traking number and my postal code and it found nothing. I think the tracking number they are looking for is the Canada Post tracking number, which Public Mobile does not give you when they say the order was shipped. They current method of informing clients that their item has been shipped is not helpful if the item never arrives.

@Epuri1 

@Epuri1 wrote:
K2698306

This tracking method does not work consistently since PM has changed shipping methods.  Do you have a specific question?  In general, most PM SIM card are taking 2-3 weeks to arrive.  If it has been longer than that, you will need to contact moderator. 

Epuri1
K2698306

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

Recently, i made a new discovery that allows you to track your sim order package. As we all know, sim cards are shipped by Xpresspost and they should have tracking number, but Public Mobile does not give you the tracking details.

So the following is a very simple method to track your sim card order:

• Go to Canada post tracking web page: https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/home
  • Enter the order number as the tracking/reference number in the box
  • Order number is sent on your email when you place an order. Please wait until you get the shipping confirmation before tracking your package. 
  • Click on the Track button and it will ask you to enter your postal code associated with your order. You will be asked for your postal code only if dulicate reference numbers are found in their system. 

track.png

Edit: Updated on Mar 2nd 2019. 

Canada post made a change to their website and the tracking tool was also changed. I have updated this short guide to reflect the change. 

Additional tip:
If it turns out that a postal code is required to eliminate duplicate order numbers, this step can be bypassed when you want to check the tracking status again later.  After you enter the postal code the first time, it will give you the details of your delivery status along with a proper 16-digit Canada Post tracking number.  Record and use this tracking number to check next time, instead of entering the 6-digit order number that PM sent you.  Or, simply bookmark the resulting page with the tracking details.

PMSIMOrderTrackingNumber.jpg

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Canada post made a change to their website and the tracking tool was also changed. I have updated this guide to reflect the change. 

I just tried and found simcard was delivered to community mailbox. I have to double check that.

You didn’t try to use the link to track your SIM card??? @557296 

I bought a sim card a week ago but still not received yet without any tracking info. I had to go to TMS to buy another one today.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai

Nice.  I'm saving this to my notes.

@slash407 wrote:

carriers  trackjing is very spotty, plus for a 10 dollar item that would make it even more iffy. But +

The value of the package isn't going to affect the accuracy of the tracking.  It either has a tracking number or it doesn't.  The issue here has to do with there being an easy to track these shipmemts but Public Mobile not advising customers of it.

@NDesai wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

This has been known for years, but trouble is other companies all over canada use this same feature and can result in inaccurate tracking information. So there is a chance it will work, also a chance you will be seeing someone else package. The reference numbers are not unique. Still, better than nothing. 

"Note that if the start and end dates are too far off or duplicate order numbers are present in their systems, you will be asked to provide your postal code."

This makes it pretty accurate as it is pretty much impossible to have the same order linked with the same postal code. 

Yes, it refused to show me results becsuse of duplicates.  The dumb part is that is doesn't show all rssults for the entered postal code.  I can be important to narrow the date range, or this metbod won't work, but that's a Cansda Post website issue beczuse tjer is just no way that there are identical order numbers from different conpanies that were all shipped to the same postal code.

The chances of having a similar date and reference code are high with the amount of packages being sent, and PM reference is only 5 digits? But with having to enter your postal code it should be extremely accurate. Definitely worth mentioning this to customers in the future who ask where there sim is, probably also save mod resources.

@NDesai wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

This has been known for years, but trouble is other companies all over canada use this same feature and can result in inaccurate tracking information. So there is a chance it will work, also a chance you will be seeing someone else package. The reference numbers are not unique. Still, better than nothing. 

"Note that if the start and end dates are too far off or duplicate order numbers are present in their systems, you will be asked to provide your postal code."

This makes it pretty accurate as it is pretty much impossible to have the same order linked with the same postal code. 

@NDesaiThat's good that they have added that feature in, maybe when this was discovered by customers years ago at public mobile canada post must not have included the postal code part of it so a good reminder to the community this is an option.

@RobertQc wrote:

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@PhoneSeeker wrote:

According to the reports of many new PM customers, the tracking reference for the SIM card isn't very accurate

@jonnkimmy wrote:

I entered my reference number sent by Public Mobile into Canada Post and it says my SIM Card is being delivered to Quebec? I live in Toronto

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a great find! 

Need Help? Let's chat.