cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop automated txt msgs

iamcdn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is there a way to stop the automated txt msgs from PM reminding me that my payment is due? I am already subscribed to autopay so I don't need this reminder every month

8 REPLIES 8

@iamcdn wrote:

Is there a way to stop the automated txt msgs from PM reminding me that my payment is due? I am already subscribed to autopay so I don't need this reminder every month

I'm also not a fan of any of the text messages that Public Mobile sends. I just see a need for them. There is no real point in remdiner a customer to pay when subscribed to autopay, unless of course, the custoemr does wish to pay manually ahead of time to avoid any possible failures.

Regardless of whether a customer reads these reminders, such a failure would happen whether or not the messages are looked at or not if it's going to happen. Personally, I don't find any of the text messsages to be important, and while the payment reminder is one thing, I see even less of a point for Public Mobile to send a text message saying somethng such as "Everything is okay. Your plan got renewed." or of the message that tells you that rewards got applied. 

You can block the messages, depending on the type of phone/software and the application that you're using for text messaging. After a while, people do tend to just ignore the messages (you get used to it).

@smp99 

Thanks for sharing

Just looking through posts there are clusters of failed autopay messages and it's easy to lose perspective after reading the 12th one:)

Most of time (and we are not talking about 50%+1 but probably more like 99%) it's flawless. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Autopay has never failed for me or my family. 3+ yrs and counting.  

@iamcdn 

You can "unsubscribe" to PM offer and deals, but I don't think that you can unsubscribe to payment reminders.

Next time, you get a PM offer or deal text.  Just respond by typing: unsubscribe.  However, sometimes, you may miss out on special deals such as previous Koodo migration deals.  

Hi @iamcdn 

Something like 99.9% (very wiled guess) autopay works like charm. 

Problem is those few cases, you can check community history. The really bad part is that autopay is done just before your renewal and is it fails for any reason, cc side or pm side there is no message. I believe autopay executes around midnight or so,  some woke up to no service, or didn't even know till the evening when they wandered why is the phone so silent.

If you are concerned, pay it when paying other bills,  or use that sms as the reminder. 

Most of people are not even aware of this issue, so you are probably fine. Bit since you mentioned.... 

@iamcdn wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Autopay can fail without even notifying you, you wood find out only after losing the service. 

Thats not good to hear. Has that happened before?

If I do it manually I will forget one time, I know it. And having to do it manually each month will get to be a pain in the a$$

On the rarest of occasions the Autopay process has failed to complete, resulting in the account being Suspended until paid manually.

Generally Autopay works fine, but to ensure it doesn't happen to me, I manually load $$ into Available Funds and that seems to make the renewal process happy.

iamcdn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kselmak wrote:

Autopay can fail without even notifying you, you wood find out only after losing the service. 

Thats not good to hear. Has that happened before?

If I do it manually I will forget one time, I know it. And having to do it manually each month will get to be a pain in the a$$

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Sorry you can't

And I don't suggest you block them

I also suggest to pay manually

Autopay can fail without even notifying you, you wood find out only after losing the service. It's our responsibility to make sure they're are enough funds to buy the plan. You still get the rewards. 

Treat autopay as a backup option of you forget to pay

Need Help? Let's chat.