cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up entirely automated voicemail, without recording voice or name?

Questions
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone,

I set up my voicemail and was prompted to record my name, then a personalized message. I managed to change the personalized message to an automated one, however voicemail still begins with the recording of my name, before the system message. How can I change it so that the entire voicemail is an automated recording along the lines of "you've reached the voicemail of xxx-xxx-xxxx, please leave a message at the tone"?

Thank you very much for your help

2 REPLIES 2

@Questions wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I set up my voicemail and was prompted to record my name, then a personalized message. I managed to change the personalized message to an automated one, however voicemail still begins with the recording of my name, before the system message. How can I change it so that the entire voicemail is an automated recording along the lines of "you've reached the voicemail of xxx-xxx-xxxx, please leave a message at the tone"?

Thank you very much for your help

I know you've already set it up but this is more for anyone who has not already setup the voicemail account but would like the same as you.

During the iintital setup when it asks you to record you name, tell it to start recordiing, saying nothing and then quickly stop the recording. Tell it to save it even though you didn't say anything.  When prompted for a personal message, do the same by recording a split second blank message.  The system will detect that what you've recorded isn't valid and will by default, set up the automated greating that doesn't provide a name or personalized voice.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.