Did you mean: 

How to set up Voicemail?

PingRoll
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I set up Voicemail?

8 REPLIES 8

Wqnder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had an issue with my Galaxy S8 (Android 9 Pie), where holding down the '1' key brought me into my settings to an option to add my voicemail number, but when actually entering in any number it would always return with a "Voicemail number can't be changed" error message. Calling my own 10-digit phone number did work however, and I set things up from there. Thanks for your help!

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile! Once you activate your phone number can begin receiving voicemails. Voicemail can be accessed by long-pressing on the 1 key on your phone. You will then be taken through a menu to set up your greeting and PIN. 

@gblackma  lol

👍😎3 measly seconds. @Jb456 .

@gblackma  to slow 🤣

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to PM @PingRoll, here's an article on setting up your voicemail. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail . Stay safe. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Setting up Voicemail

After you’ve activated, your voicemail is automatically ready to accept messages as soon as you add it to your account. It will play a default greeting until you set it up. Setting it up isn’t complicated:

1. Hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad to dial your voicemail access number. Calling your own 10-digit phone number will also bring you to your voicemail.
  2. When prompted, enter a password between 4 to 15 digits long. Try to make it hard to guess, but easy to remember. It will be more secure if you avoid using numbers that are repetitive or sequential such as ‘1111’ or ‘1234’.
  3. Choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
  4. Record your name, and a personalized greeting.
  5. When you’re done, hang up to end the call.
Need Help? Let's chat.