cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up APN settings for SAMSUNG S21

HopefulChicken
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
2 hours later here is what I figured out…

Open Settings on your phone (swipe down twice and hit the gear icon for Settings)

Follow this path:

Settings - More… (Airplane mode, Tethering, VPN) – Cellular Networks – Access Point Names (APN)

Once in APN hit the “kebab setting menu” (three vertical dots on the top right) then hit -Reset to default

My phone had a Koodo and TELUS APN settings come up, ignore them and hit the “+” (top right with a circle around it) and then manually input the following APN settings (please make sure it is all exact even upper- and lower-case letters):

Name: Public Mobile

APN: sp.mb.com

APN type (select each one): default, mms, supl, wap, net

Proxy: not set

Port: not set

Username: not set

Password: not set

Server: not set

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Not set

APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6 

APN enable/disable: APN enabled

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO: 4d4f

Once all info is correctly manually entered hit the “kebab setting menu” (three vertical dots on the top right) hit SAVE

Then Press and hold the power button on the outside of your phone then select – Power off and let your phone power down (I tried using Restart and it did not work)

After your phone is powered down turn it back on and data and picture texting should work.

I hope this is helpful to someone else.

3 REPLIES 3

Usually the APN will come down automatically.  Maybe a reboot once or twice with couple minutes wait is all it needs

@HopefulChicken 

Nice post. Did your data not work previous to you editing the APN? Is your phone CPU? Samsung phones normally populate the appropriate APN after inserting the sim card. Often the APN will list telus or koodo as the provider but the APN will still work for public mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HopefulChicken 

you can try to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Need Help? Let's chat.