cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to renew US roaming data before expiry?

Ar_linlin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the 1GB US data roaming add on but used it up in 2 days because the hotel wifi sucks! Now I want to renew the add on but it doesn’t give me the 1GB option anymore. I can only purchase the 500MB or everything else I haven’t purchased. Can anyone tell me how I can add the 1GB again? Will be in USA for another 6days but now stuck without data. Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ar_linlin wrote:

I purchased the 1GB US data roaming add on but used it up in 2 days because the hotel wifi sucks! Now I want to renew the add on but it doesn’t give me the 1GB option anymore. I can only purchase the 500MB or everything else I haven’t purchased. Can anyone tell me how I can add the 1GB again? Will be in USA for another 6days but now stuck without data. Thanks! 

@Ar_linlin  Another option if you only need data is to find a Walmart or similar and purchase a prepaid US data sim card for the amount of data you need. Rates are pretty competitive down there.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ar_linlin 

You cannot add the same US roaming add-on until it expires after 10 days.  

You can send a private message moderator to add the same 1GB US roaming add-on.  But moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.  Make sure to add fund to your account to pay for your data add-on before sending private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

At the meantime, you can add another data add-on which let you use data until moderator responds to your request.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ar_linlin I think mid reply time is less than 24 hours at the moment.

If urgent add the funds equal to the 1 gb plan, and buy the 500 mb addon, and message the mods asking them to use the remaining Funds to change the addon to 1 gb, because of the system limitation on renewing roaming. 

They may or may not, but in the past mods have been pretty good about these things. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ar_linlin wrote:

You'll have to message the moderators now. Click the envelope icon on top right corner and send to Moderator_Team.

Need Help? Let's chat.