cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to port my number to a family member.

apvm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a PC mobile prepaid account which is under my name (PC mobile did ask for my name, address and pin for support when I call in).  My daughter is using this number and she is planning to join Public mobile, wondering if she can port in this number which is under my name?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

wlma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If your daughter is activating a new SIM card with Public Mobile, she can easily port in the number in the electronic form. I believe it was the 2nd step of the process. You will have to enter your phone number and the system will check whether it is a valid number. After that, you will need the current Account Number, so in this case, the PC mobile prepaid account number, an alternate phone number that they can reach you at if there are any issues porting, and also the name that is attached to that previous account number. After that, they will port it over to the new account (that your daughter) is creating, associating it with the new SIM card. You will receive an SMS in the current SIM card (your PC account) asking you if you want to transfer your number and you need to reply back saying YES (or whatever it asks you). I believe you have 90 min to respond, otherwise it does not port over. But you, can definitely reinitiate the port again by redoing the steps or contacting a Moderator in Community by filling out a ticket. After that it takes about 30 min to an hour to port over and you should receive a confirmation. Remember your previous account needs to have money in it and still be active when porting over. Also, once ported over, the PC account will no longer work. Hope this helps!

@apvm wrote:

I have a PC mobile prepaid account which is under my name (PC mobile did ask for my name, address and pin for support when I call in).  My daughter is using this number and she is planning to join Public mobile, wondering if she can port in this number which is under my name?  Thanks.

You do need to provide the correct name from the PC Mobile account (your name) on the number porting form during activation or to the moderator when asking for the number port. However, the name set on the Public Mobile account profile can be anything.  Also, use the account number from PC Mobile if you have ut (skip PIN and IMEI).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@apvm , you will have no problem with porting the number over to Public Mobile.  When porting the number you need to supply the account owner information, not the user.  The sending and receiving account holders do not need to be the same person.  There are two options available for number porting.  The first option is to port as part of the activation process.  The second option is to port after account activation as a separate step.  The first option is a little more convenient as everything is self serve.  The second option requires support from the moderator team (click on chat symbol on lower right corner of webpage to initiate support ticket).  Both options will be subject to port fraud protection measures where the number port has to be verified on the sending end.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Anonymous
Not applicable

@apvm  - That should not be a problem.  name is generally not needed for the port.  If you have all of the account information (which you do), you won;t have any issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.