cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to port a number from Koodo?

patroniton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to port a number from Koodo and it told me to choose a number first and then it would let me switch it after by talking to support. I can't seem to find the email for support or anything so I'm just looking for help on how to get my number switched over.

6 REPLIES 6

@patroniton To transfer from Koodo pre-paid you need to contact a moderator, your can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@patroniton wrote:

It's a pre-paid. I've clicked the envelope on the top right to send a message. Who do I send it to?

Moderator_Team

patroniton

It's a pre-paid. I've clicked the envelope on the top right to send a message. Who do I send it to?

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@patroniton wrote:

I'm trying to port a number from Koodo and it told me to choose a number first and then it would let me switch it after by talking to support. I can't seem to find the email for support or anything so I'm just looking for help on how to get my number switched over.

If it's a Koodo post-paid line (they bill you, then you pay) you can port the number, as @hairbag1 mentions.   However, just in case, if it's a Koodo prepaid number, you will have to send a private message to moderators.  Click the envelope icon, at the top right.  

Once you bring up the private message, in the Send To field, just start type 'Moderator_Team' - that is who you'll be sending a private message to.  Response time can vary from a few hours to 48 hrs.

patroniton

I get the following message:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

That's kinda deceptive as it told me it would switch after signing up and selecting a number. Can I really not change my number? Is there a direct support chat I can get assistance from or is the community board the only support avenue?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@patroniton wrote:

Log into My Account / My Profile... look for Change Number. Follow instructions to get your number ported over.

Need Help? Let's chat.