cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep my actual phone number when moving to public mobile?

dokali
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi room ! 

I am planning to move from Lucky Mobile to Public Mobile and I would like to know if this can be done easily online and what information should I get from Lucky Mobile.

Thank you very much. 

I forgot to  say that I have only one cell number. I dont have any other side number thanks for your replies 

14 REPLIES 14

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dokali You can keep your old cell number when moving to Public Mobile. Just make sure the phone’s unlocked and that you have the old account number and other information when porting over. You don’t need al alternative number when signing up. When you activate your SIM, you can either choose a number or port your old one. The last resort would be for you to go in-store and have the clerk port it over for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dokali wrote:

No one answered my question you are the first one to answer it by saying I DUNNO, I will close my account and will never return here. 

Keep in mind that there are no pro-rated refunds here. Remove any pre-registered payment card too.

Did you ask the moderators even? If you don't get any satisfaction from here then there's always the moderators.

I only said I dunno because I don't know. I guess I would be a little surprised that no one else replied with any certainty. Sometimes threads get lost in the shuffle or crowded out by other threads. Especially if the OP (you) don't stay engaged in the thread and leave for several days.

dokali

No one answered my question you are the first one to answer it by saying I DUNNO, I will close my account and will never return here. 

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Everything you need to know is listed below. Once you’ve completed the steps you can setup your account and listed the number to be ported over then in under 2 hours your old number should be moved over.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dokali wrote:

I have to repeat my question so you can understand my question more. thanks.

1-I dont have an alternate cell number, I have only one cell number.

2- I need to keep my old cell number when moving to Public Mobile.

A- How to do it? B  is there any way to do it without alternate number? C can I for example activate my Public Mobile SIM card and choose its number and later put my old cell number on it? 

Thanks 

1. the alternate phone number is for the possibility of needing to connect with you if there's a problem with the transfer/port. Use a friends, room mates, parents, whatever.

2. that's what transferring is

A. click on that Get Started link up top and start filling in forms.

B. dunno (I don't know if it's a required field when porting as I've never ported)

C. yes

These have all been answered already. Don't forget a referral code to get a $10 credit.

@dokali 

A - buy a public mobile sim card. Keep your lucky account active. Go to link below to activate your sim card. Leave alternate number blank. It's not required.

activate.publicmobile.ca

When on that page filling out your information there will be a step to enter your lucky info to have the number transferred over to public. Again lucky account needs to be active and in good standing to transfer your number over.

B - yes follow what I wrote in A

C -yes you can use activation link in A and sign up with a new number. Then once account is set up you click the ? Question mark bottom right to open the chat bot. Type "port request" and follow the prompts to transfer your number over from Lucky. Again Lucky account has to be in good standing.

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

dokali

I have to repeat my question so you can understand my question more. thanks.

1-I dont have an alternate cell number, I have only one cell number.

2- I need to keep my old cell number when moving to Public Mobile.

A- How to do it? B  is there any way to do it without alternate number? C can I for example activate my Public Mobile SIM card and choose its number and later put my old cell number on it? 

Thanks 

@dokali wrote:

Please I need real answers tailored to my question not pages with links. 

@dokali hi when you sign up and activate your account you can port at that time just make sure your old account is still active during the process or your port will fail also as some suggest you can take a temp number and make sure all is working and then request a moderators assistance to port your old number also make sure your phone is unlocked

@dokali wrote:

If you follow this activation link (easiest to click on the link so you get it correct: https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

And fill it all out, you can port your previous provider's cell phone number.

@dokali  real answers have been answered. Read my first post.

Lucky account needs to be active and in good standing to port over. Buy a Public sim card and go to the activation page. During the steps on the activation page one section you'll reach is to port your number over.

dokali

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is more info about porting.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

Mobile Phone Number Transfer

Alternate Phone Number

First and Last Name of the account holder

You’ll also need to provide one of the following: your old account number or your ESN/IMEI/MEID number or your account PIN

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @dokali ,

Yes, you can port your number during the activation process. Just make sure you do not cancel your lucky account until the port is complete.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

All you need to do is have your lucky account in good standing and make sure it's active. So sign up and port a few days before your lucky bill is due.

During activation of your Public Mobile sim card there will be a section to enter your Lucky account details to port your number over..or you can select a temporary number so you can test if everything works. Then click the question mark on bottom right to open the chat bot. Type "port request" and follow the prompts.

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Enjoy the weekend!

Need Help? Let's chat.